URBAN DECAY | Naked 2 Basics Palette - Review + Swatches

URBAN DECAY // Naked 2 Basics Palette | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The Naked range of palettes from Urban Decay is always going to be winners in my book. My Naked Basics palette has got SO much love over the past year and it's the best matte palette I own. I knew that as soon as I could get my hands on the newly released Naked 2 Basics, I was going to love it, and I wasn't wrong...

URBAN DECAY // Naked 2 Basics Palette | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

URBAN DECAY // Naked 2 Basics Palette | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

When the Naked 2 Basics was released, I saw a lot of people saying that it was just like the original and the colours were pretty much the same, but they could not be wronger! You can see clearly the differences in the shades here. The original Naked Basics (see swatches here) has one highlighting shimmery shade, and five mattes, that are all very warm toned. As you can see I've used this palette a lot and it's an amazing, compact palette to have. The Naked 2 Basics is just as beautiful, but the tones are a lot more cool-toned, and it includes all matte shades.

URBAN DECAY // Naked 2 Basics Palette | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The thing I like about these palettes is that within a limited number of shades you basically have all you need. It ranges from a basic light cream to a darker grey, with lighter yellows, greys and browns in between. The pigmentation, much like the original, is outstanding. These blend so well, have an amazing colour pay off and are just all-around great quality. I've been getting a lot of use out of Frisk (light brown/grey) and Cover (medium brown), and I will always use a good swipe of Stark (light yellow) over the lids as a base for my shadows. 

If you loved the Naked Basics original, you will for sure love the second edition! You can buy this palette from Sephora for USD $29.00, or from Beauty Bay, which ships worldwide, for AUD $40.10.

Have you got either of the Naked Basics Palettes? What one would be your pick from the two?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest
back to top