THEBALM | Balm Voyage! Eyeshadow, Lip + Cheek Stain Palette - Review + Swatches

THEBALM | Balm Voyage! Eyeshadow, Lip + Cheek Stain Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

It's not often that a bargain like this one comes along. As it always happens, an NZ Sale email popped up in my inbox and instantly my eyes lit up - they had theBalm on sale... for only $9! I honestly could not believe it when I saw that, so naturally, I was straight on there adding things to my cart, which included this palette, the Balm Voyage! Palette, and The Balmsai Eyeshadow + Brow Palette (which I'll be reviewing on here very soon). The sale was like a makeup lovers dream!

THEBALM | Balm Voyage! Eyeshadow, Lip + Cheek Stain Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

THEBALM | Balm Voyage! Eyeshadow, Lip + Cheek Stain Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

TheBalm always bring it in the packaging department and this palette does not disappoint. It is on the large side, but as it's packed with 16 large pans of eyeshadow and three cheek/lip stains I can definitely deal with the size. It is nice and slim though - so isn't as bulky as some palettes can be. I love the idea of the 'boarding pass' giving you a quad of colours that all work well together on the lids - perfect if you're not sure where to start first!

THEBALM | Balm Voyage! Eyeshadow, Lip + Cheek Stain Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


THE EYESHADOWS
The shadows are absolutely stunning and the pigmentation is so rich and buttery. The palette has a great mix of shades and finishes; there are your staple matte creams and light browns, as well as shimmery and glittery neutrals. Also thrown in the mix are some really fun, bright colours, such as A2, B2 and C2 (which looks particularly awesome smudged along the bottom lash line). A1 is one of my favourite shades from the palette, and it has an almost duo-chrome silver/purple/taupe tone - it's the perfect one-wash-of-shadow type shade. The only downside is they do kick off a bit of fallout in the pan, so best to build up colour lightly rather than going in with a packed brush. 

THEBALM | Balm Voyage! Eyeshadow, Lip + Cheek Stain Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

THE CHEEK + LIP STAINS
I'm still not completely sold on these three yet, but I like the idea of them and it definitely gives the palette a more practical use than just shadows. They are very pigmented shades as you can see, so you really only need to be very light with them - especially when applying to the cheeks. A stipple brush makes this a lot easier and distributes the colour well. I find they're quite tacky though, especially on the lips which I'm not a huge fan of, First Officer is particularity sticky. I am glad that they have a separate flap that covers these from the shadows because that would be a very messy situation without it.

I haven't seen theBalm for this price on NZ Sale in a while, but if you do want to get your hands on this gorgeous palette, Beauty Bliss stock it for NZD $59.00, which I'd be more than happy to pay for a palette of this size and quality. 

Have you got the Balm Voyage! Palette in your collection? What do you think of the shade range?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top