#TBT | Maybelline Eye Studio Eye Shadow Quad in Give Me Gold

#TBT // Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad in Give Me Gold Swatches + Review - cassandramyee

Whilst going through my eye shadows recently I came across this particular Maybelline Eye Studio Quad and it sparked an idea in my head; the classic #throwbackthursday (or TBT) post. Why post pictures of me looking super dorky with braces and a bad fringe when I could post about makeup that gives me a bit of nostalgia. I think I got this for Christmas from my sister, a good few years back. I've got fond memories of this particular quad as it was one of maybe two or three that I owned at the time, among some lip gloss, black eyeliner, a mascara, and a pressed powder (that I had no idea what to do with).


#TBT // Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad in Give Me Gold Swatches + Review - cassandramyee

This is the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad in 05 Give Me Gold and I'm pretty sure you can still buy this quad. I was a lover of neutral, bronzey shades back in the day before I even knew that I loved them, and now I have neutral eye shadow palettes filling the majority of my makeup stash. As you can see I was very fond of the golden bronze shade, and the others have had a bit of love as well. The pigmentation of these shadows are pretty outstanding and back in the day I definitely would not have appreciated that; I mean I used the sponge applicator and knew nothing of this blending business that I know today!

It's really funny thinking back on what my makeup must have looked like as really I had little to no skill and just made it up along the way. I would have loved all of these amazing blogs and YouTube tutorials that we have at our disposal now back when I was in my teens!

Do you have any particular makeup items that are nostalgic to you? 
back to top