URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches

URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


I have started something quite dangerous with the Urban Decay Naked Palettes... as soon as a new one comes out it instantly jumps to the top of my wishlist. This results in me buying pretty much all of them as they come out which is dangerous because I know they won't stop bringing out different iterations and I will be overrun with more eyeshadow than I could ever need in my lifetime! Despite this, I still love all of them that are released and love the quality of the shadows so I know I won't be disappointed. The new Naked Reloaded Palette can be considered as the replacement of the OG Naked Palette that kicked off the phenomenon.

URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

When Urban Decay announced they would be discontinuing the OG Naked Palette (first conceived in 2010) the beauty community went into mourning. I actually had never owned the original and kicked off my obsession with the Naked 2, but do regret not buying it before it left the shelves for good. Luckily for me, they have released the Naked Reloaded, an updated version of the beloved original, which they are calling 'The New Neutrals'.

Straight off the bat, I really like the packaging, whilst it isn't as sturdy as the tin or plastic packaging of recent palettes, the satin fabric is a nice nod to the first Naked Palette which had a brushed velvet exterior. It does set it apart from the rest of the Naked palette line. 

URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

In terms of the colour story, I am majorly into this one. It is a neutral lovers dream and has a good mix of warmer and slightly cooler tones. The addition of the rosy pinks is very of the moment too. These shades are extremely wearable and versatile. They all work well together and provide a lot of opportunities for different eyeshadow looks. As with the other shadows from palettes past, the pigmentation is great, they blend easily and pack well onto the lids. 

One thing I think they nailed here is the gradation of pan sizes; Bribe and Blur have the largest pans (1.4g each) and are shades you may use the most of to prime the lids and act as blending shades. Barely Baked and Boundaries are slightly smaller again (1.3g each) but still larger than the rest of the pans at 1.1g. It's a smart move as these will tend to be some of the most used shades in the palette.

URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

URBAN DECAY | Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

THE SHADES

Bribe | warm ivory matte
Barely Baked | soft gold metallic
Angel Fire | pale rose-gold with iridescent micro-shimmer
Retro | bright peach matte
Reputation | deep rose-gold with iridescent micro-shimmer
Burn | copper-burgundy metallic

End Game | chocolate brown matte
Dreamweaver | cool brown with iridescent 3D sparkle
Distilled | bronze metallic
Bucked | warm brown matte
Boundaries | warm terracotta matte
Blur | light nude matte

The shadows swatch beautifully and if you are into these tones, you will love this palette! I have been reaching for it a lot since I got it and can definitely see it being a staple for years to come.

Were you upset they discontinued the original Naked Palette? Have you tried this one?

Comments

back to top