ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

When Adore Beauty contacted me asking if I'd like to spend some money on their site, I was extremely excited, not only because I love shopping, but I love discovering new online beauty retailers. Adore Beauty stocks a whole load of different brands, covering all your beauty needs. They're Australian based but ship to New Zealand for free, which is an absolute bonus and a rarity these days! They also offer Afterpay - if you are anything like me, this is a godsend (and also slightly dangerous).

I tried to order a good cross-section of hair, skincare and beauty to really experience all they have to offer and was very surprised by the generous gift with purchases and samples that can be included with your orders. Read on to see what I got and my thoughts on the products.

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

ghd Curve 2.0 Classic Wave Wand* | NZD $285
I have a big barrel curler from Nume which I have had for several years now but I have been looking around to find something to replace it with as it was definitely getting a little worn out. I curl my hair basically every day and I have tried a fair few wands in my time. I had heard a bit about the ghd wands and was really curious to see what they were like. I watched a lot of different Youtube videos to find out what ghd wand would be best for me (they have a few variations!) and decided on the Classic Wave Wand.

Unlike all the others I have used in the past, this has a unique oval-shaped barrel instead of a round one. It creates soft and effortless waves with ease and now that I have been using it for over a week I am really loving it. It heats up in an instant and the heat is evenly spread along the barrel to get all parts of the hair. It is a pricey item but it is from a brand I can trust and so far it has knocked it out of the park for me.

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

 Pixi Skintreats Fast Flash Facial* | NZD $40
I have only used a couple products from Pixi including the Glow Tonic which I absolutely love, so I thought this set of minis would be a good introduction to a couple of other products. I love that it has a smaller travel-friendly Glow Tonic and the other two products, the Peel & Polish Resurfacing Concentrate and Rose Flash Balm, sound like they will be lovely to use.

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer* | NZD $10.16
I don't tend to use primers before my foundation lately, but I thought I would give this one from The Ordinary a go and get back on the primer train! I haven't given it a try yet but will report back in a later post or on Instagram.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Supersized* | NZD $21.00
This was one of the first products I tried from The Ordinary and I am already into my third bottle of it because I cannot live without this in my skincare routine. It has helped improve my skin a lot, my hormonal breakouts are never as bad, it controls my oil and my skins overall texture has improved. It is SO good and I am so glad I have found the supersized bottle which has double the amount of product in it.

Lancôme Hydra Zen Neurocalm Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream | NZD $104 (for fullsize)
This was a gift with purchase I received when I ordered and it's a very generous 15ml. I've been using it the past few nights and it feels so luxurious and moisturising on the skin without feeling overly heavy. So far so good with this one and I look forward to using it more.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution 250ml* | NZD $25.40
I might be the last blogger on earth to try this original micellar water from Bioderma. Nowadays most brands have their own micellar water, but I am looking forward to trying the OG. It is designed to remove your makeup without irritating the skin or drying it out.

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

Benefit Gimme Brow + Booster Set* | NZD $48.30
I first used Gimme Brow a few years back but haven't had it in my collection for a while now. It is just as great as I remember it being and I am very glad to have it back in my life. This set came with a full-sized and then a 1.3g mini size too. I use the shade 4.5 Neutral Deep Brown and it matches my darker brunette hair perfectly.


Benefit Galifornia Blush Mini* | NZD $30.45
I love blushes and have a rather excessive collection of various shades from many brands. I have been intrigued about Galifornia since it launched but have never tried it. I went for the mini size over the full size because let's be honest here, who gets through a full-sized blush?! It is a really nice coral peachy tone and perfect for Summer.

Real Techniques Mini Multi-Task Brush* | NZD $13.50
Real Techniques make some of my most used and favourite brushes and I couldn't resist this mini-sized one. It still has a full-sized brush head on it, but a short handle making it a good handbag powder brush.

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee

ADORE BEAUTY | Haul + Reviews - Cassandra Myee


HERMETICA Eau de Parfum Discovery Set* | Gift with Purchase, $90 value
I had never heard of Hermetica before, so I was extremely excited to try out this sample set of 13 fragrances in 1.5ml vials. I couldn't quite believe this was a bonus gift with purchase at the time I ordered it! It comes beautifully presented with a booklet which explains each of the scents and the Hermetica brand values. I have sniffed a few and they smell really lovely. This would make a great gift for a fragrance lover like myself, and you can purchase it here.

I am really impressed by the selection of brands available on Adore Beauty, there are your usual well-known brands as well as a few more obscure ones to discover. The shipping to NZ was very quick, but be wary of customs fees if you are spending a bit on there!

Have you shopped on Adore Beauty before?

*Gifted voucher to purchase products.

Comments

back to top