KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches

KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

If you have not heard about Kylie Jenner's makeup line; Kylie Cosmetics, what rock have you been living under and also is there space for me?! I jest, I jest. But seriously, the hype surrounding Kylie's makeup line is global and these products sell out in minutes from being released (I do wonder though if they do that on purpose, if so, it's an amazing marketing ploy!) I resisted for a long time in trying the products, don't get my wrong it's not that I didn't want to but the shipping prices were steep and when converted to NZD for one Lip Kit, it was going to cost over $60.00. I managed to get these two Lip Kits for $60 from an NZ makeup buy/sell group pretty much brand new from a fellow blogger (thanks, Laura!) So is the hype worth it?!

KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

You've gotta hand it to Kylie for building this empire, obviously, she already had the financial backing but she is the face of the brand and is always the first to share new products and swatches on her Snapchat. I am a Kardashian fan in the first place, though, so always checking out what the girls come up with. The Lip Kits were the first product launched containing a matte liquid lipstick and a matching lip liner, perfectly colour matched to each shade. The first launched were a lot of nudes and soft pinks which were Kylie's 'signature' sort of shades that got everyone talking about 'those lips'. Now there are so many shades available and she has extended to glosses, eyeshadow palettes, highlighters (or KyLighters - great pun), and soon to be released blushes.

KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

KYLIE COSMETICS | Lip Kits in Koko K + Posie K - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Packaging wise, the Lip Kits come in a box with the two products inside. I like the exterior packaging for the simplistic but eye-catching design and like that the colour is clearly indicated on the sides and top of the box. The lip products themselves aren't revolutionary in packaging, but the black drips on the bottles have become a Kylie signature. 

The Lip Pencils have a good creaminess to them, but they don't glide on as easy as say the ColourPops, but they are still easy to use and give a matte base to the apply the colour over top. I also like them on their own as I find these last so well on the lips. The Matte Liquid Lips have a small, fuzzy doe foot applicator, a lot smaller than most so you can get it quite precise and right into the corners of the lips too. These are super light, but one stroke has full opacity on the lips, although I have only tried these two shades. Both of these were at the top of my Kylie wishlist - Koko K is a gorgeous soft pink toned nude, and Posie K is a lot more of a darker pink. Both of the shades I love and find they really suit my skin tone. As for lasting power, these do not budge or transfer, although eating greasy food is definitely going to start breaking it down and flaking it off. These don't feel as drying as some, but you certainly are going to start to feel them after a good few hours on the lips. I don't mind these as I don't have terribly dry lips, but if you do then you might want to try a good balm underneath, wait 10-15 mins then apply on top.

The Lip Kits are USD $29.00 (approx. NZD $41.00 at the moment) and can also be bought as singles USD $17.00 for the Liquid Lip, and USD $14.00 for the Lip Pencils. They have a flat shipping fee of USD $14.95 internationally, but often have shipping offers available. I think they are a solid matte liquid lip but they didn't blow me away. I would, however, happily purchase more as I think the shades are gorgeous.

Have you tried the Lip Kits or any other Kylie Cosmetics products before?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top