COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Brand New Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Brand New Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I attempted to make a vow at the end of last year that I wouldn't buy as much makeup, in particular, much ColourPop, as that has been my vice over the past few months. They have been releasing so many new products and collections that I just can't resist. My self-control goes into a negative whenever I click on their website, and I'm sure a lot of you will feel me on that. One of their biggest launches earlier this year was the new Pressed Shadows and after seeing some amazing swatches online I had to at least try a couple...

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Brand New Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

If you are a lover of the OG Super Shock Shadows, don't worry as they aren't going anywhere, but it's really exciting to see them start to extend the range. There are rumours that they are discontinuing their Bronzers which had the similar cream to powder formula as the shadows, in favour of more pressed powder products (i.e. the beautiful new Topaz Pressed Face Duo with Alexis Ren, see it here). Hopefully, this will mean some more face products, perhaps setting powders, more bronzers and blushes perhaps?!

So back to the amazing Pressed Shadows - they come packaged much like other single shadows from M.A.C. etc. It had a plastic casing around the shadows within a cardboard sleeve covered with silver stars (very cute). They are magnetic pans with the name and details on the bottom so you can place them in a Z Palette, or they are also offering empty quad palettes for free which you purchase 4 or more shadows. As well as the single pans for USD $5.00, there are two premade quads for USD $18.00, Hi-Maintenance which has the shades Just In Time, High Strung, Get Out and Cute Alert, and Lo-Key, which has Take It Slow, I Owe You, Running Late and Criss Cross.

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Brand New Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Brand New Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Brand New Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Although I wanted to buy a lot more of the shadows, I kept it to just four shades (for now...). For the initial release, there is a great selection of shades, with an almost even mix of mattes and metallics. The four shades I went for are: High Strung (my favourite shade, metallic dusty rose), Note To Self (matte warm caramel), Come and Get It (*sings Selena Gomez*, duo chrome rose with gold flip), and Goody Two-Shoes (metallic gunmetal).

As you can see by the swatches these shadows are so richly pigmented, I was blown away when I tried them out. They could be up there with some of the best formulas I have used and that's a huge claim. I am especially surprised by how great the matte shade, Note To Self comes out, they are buttery almost like a cream but are clearly powders. On the lids, they wear all day without fading or creasing also.

I am looking forward to seeing other shades they bring out and am trying very hard to not purchase any more. Colourpop is still offering free international shipping on orders over USD $50, which doesn't seem like will be ending anytime soon - yay!

Have you tried the new Pressed Shadows? What shades do you like the best?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top