TOO FACED | Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection - Review + Swatches

TOO FACED | Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

It seems lately that I have been reviewing eyeshadow palettes left, right and centre, and well it is a little true. I am an eyeshadow palette junkie and they are one of my many vices when it comes to beauty. At the end of last year, I worked with Shipito to try their service and I did some ordering from the US Sephora site and I knew I had to get this Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection. It is my first foray into the Too Faced Palettes and it is certainly not going to be my last one... here's what I make of it.

TOO FACED | Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I'm not sure how I managed to resist these palettes until now, but I feel like I have opened a can of worms and now I won't stop until I own them all! The original palette from this range was the Chocolate Bar Eye Palette that looks like a block of chocolate and smells like one too. Since that release they have bought out some different variations, with the Chocolate Bon Bons being one them. This palette is so freaking adorable; it is very cutesy and a bit kitschy which some people don't like, but personally I think it is amazing. The palette comes in a sturdy metal tin, that has the 16 shadows inside as well as a mirror. 

TOO FACED | Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Honestly, who in their right mind could resist this palette? The heart shaped pans are adorable and if you get the chance to give this palette a sniff, please do it as the shadows are infused with a chocolate scent making it smell delicious every time you apply your makeup. You get a good mix of matte and shimmery shades here, as well as some more vibrant pinks and purples among the neutral tones.  

TOO FACED | Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

TOO FACED | Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Overall the palette has great pigmentation - tsome of the lighter shades seem to be on the sheer side, but you can build them up and often a slightly sheer shimmer is good for patting on the lid on top of others. The darker tones pack a punch, as do all of the matte shades. I really like the mix of tones they have going on as well as finishes, I mean check out that purple duo chrome in Black Current. If you want to step out a little bit from the usual brown/nude neutrals this is a good palette to play with!

We are so lucky that now we can finally get Too Faced in NZ from Mecca Maxima and Mecca Beauty online. This palette is NZD $78.00 (compared to the US price of $49.00) and for 16 shades that isn't bad at all and on par with other similar palettes. You can also buy the Chocolate Bar and Semi-Sweet Palette from Mecca also, and the gorgeous looking Sweet Peach Palette is being launched on January 31st in Australia and NZ (I am thinking I will need to buy that one for sure and hopefully it doesn't sell out!)

Do you own any Too Faced Palettes? What do you make of the brand?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top