M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee


A couple of months ago I had a real 'feeling spendy' moment, not helped by the fact that I received an email from M.A.C in the US saying they were having 15% off everything on the site. Well you know I had to get amongst that! I've ordered a fair amount from M.A.C., because let's be real here, the prices are SO much better than buying in NZ. I use YouShop to get it to me and have had no issues with it whatsoever. The shipping was NZD $22 for all the items, which I think is pretty good considering! Now let's get into all the makeup bits as I got quite a bit...

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

As you can see, I went a little crazy for the limited edition stuff. M.A.C. do the best limited edition collections and I always get major FOMO if I don't get at least one things from each one (well, all the big ones).

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

Ellie Goulding Powder Blush in I'll Hold My Breath | USD $17.85 (was $21.00)
I was so excited to see there were some of the Ellie Goulding collection available as I was really sad I didn't manage to get anything from it. To make it even better, it was in the 'Goodbyes' section and was already discounted, then I got 15% off. Seriously, that never happens with M.A.C! This bronzer and blush trio is beautiful. The packaging is so on point, shiny black, with rose gold details and her logo on the front and imprinted on the powder. The bronzer is a shimmery one (swatches below) but it's lovely on the skin and I will use it a lot in summer.

Ellie Goulding Lipstick in Without Your Love | USD $11.48 (was $13.50)
My M.A.C obsession began with the lipsticks, so I always try and get one of them from each of the collections they bring out. This shade is in the cremesheen formula which I love as they are creamy, and comfortable to wear. The colour is described as a 'warm seashell pink' according to M.A.C. I think it's gorgeous, and as always, great packaging.

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

Single Eyeshadows (Pro Palette Refill Pan) | USD $5.10 each (usually $6.00)
Originally these refill single shadows were USD $10 for a long time, so it's good to see they have brought the prices down a little as they aren't the most incredible shadows in the world, but they are still great. I had four spots to fill so I thought I'd grab some to fill the gaps. I went with Bronze (gold brown with gold-bronze shimmer, frost finish), Antiqued (ash brown with bronze, veluxe pearl finish), Mulch (red-brown with bronze pearl, velvet finish) and Naked Lunch (minimal pink with shimmer, frost). I'll have a separate post coming with swatches of these shades soon. Also, ff you aren't that fussed about them being in a pan, buy them like this as you save $10!

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

Vibe Tribe Powder Blush in Painted Canyon | USD $19.55 (usually $23.00)
M.A.C blushes are awesome, I have quite a few and just love the formula and the extensive range of shades they have. I knew I had to get one of the two blushes from the Vibe Tribe collection, because the colours were right up my alley and the package was too amazing to pass up. Painted Canyon is a mid-tone coral with a satin finish and I have used it a lot since I got it.

Vibe Tribe Lipstick in Hot Chocolate | NZD $40.00
Now, I didn't actually buy this from the US, but instead went in store here in NZ as I really just wanted/needed a little pick me up a while back. This shade is a repromote, but I was unfamiliar with it before. Out of the five shades in this collection, this one definitely is my favourite and one I knew I would wear more of than the others. Hot Chocolate is a 'dirty plum' with a satin finish, which has great lasting power but doesn't dry the lips out too much.

Chris Chang Lipstick in Plum Princess | USD $17.00 (usually $20.00)
As soon as I saw this being promoted a few months back, I had to have something from it. The colours in this collection are a little out there, but the packaging just completely blew me away. From the five lipsticks in this collection (there's a yellow shade!), this is one I would wear - it's a little different but utterly gorgeous! Plum Princess is a pastel plummy lavender in a matte finish.

M.A.C. | Haul - Vibe Tribe, Ellie Goulding + Chris Chang Collection - Swatches - CassandraMyee

And here are all the swatches! I haven't swatched the eyeshadows as you will have to wait for another post coming soon. I got all of these items (minus the Vibe Tribe Lipstick, plus a little 6ml Strobe Cream sample) for USD $86.28, saving myself around USD $15. Including shipping to New Zealand, it was around NZD $140, and for 8 items, that is pretty darn good - a lot cheaper than what you would pay here.

Have you got any new M.A.C goodies lately?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top