MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Nude Beauty Palette - Review + Swatches

MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


There's nothing like a good eyeshadow palette to get me excited! I am eyeshadow palette obsessed and have way too many for any normal person, but I just always love finding and adding new ones to my collection. Wearing eyeshadow on the daily means I've used my fair share of various brands, from the affordable to the expensive. Mellow Cosmetics, a NZ owned and operated company, offer this large Glam Squad Nude Beauty Palette*, which I received in the Best Beauty Box Ever Incredible Eyes Box* (reviews here). In that post I promised that I would review this palette more in-depth as it's kind of outstanding for the price!

MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Mellow is a brand I've only used a couple of items from, funnily enough I have received them in various Lust Have It Women's Beauty Boxes! They have recently rebranded and brought out a stunning range of lipsticks and liquid lipsticks and I am loving the look of the new packaging but haven't purchased any (...yet!)

MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The palette comes with 14 eyeshadows, plus a blush and bronzer/brow powder; all for the neutral lover. I couldn't help but compare it to some of the other palettes I own such as the Urban Decay Naked 2 and the Chi Chi Nudes Palette (which is a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette). As you can see the colours are extremely similar, so this would make a good dupe for some of those more expensive palettes.

MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Quality wise, these shadows have great pigmentation, I was left really surprised when I first swatched them! Although not quite as buttery as Urban Decay for examples, there are up there! There's a great mix of matte, shimmer, and glitter shades, and the range of light to dark neutrals makes it very versatile. My only issue is that the eyeshadows have quite a bit of fall out to them, particularly in the pan and if you aren't careful it can fall onto your face when you are applying them. Something to be wary of, especially for the darker shades.

MELLOW COSMETICS | Glam Squad Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The extra addition of the blush and bronzer/brow powder/shadow is a nice touch, but I'm not sure it's really necessary as the pan size is a bit small for them to be easily usable. They do however have good pigmentation and I might use them if I was to travel with this palette. Also included is a dual ended brush.

You can purchase this palette from Mellow Cosmetics for USD $19.00/NZD $28.50, a great price for a good selection of shadows.

Do you have any Mellow products? What do you think of this palette?

*Gifted product.

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top