RIMMEL | Kate Sculpting Contour Palette - Review + Swatches

RIMMEL | Kate Sculpting Contour Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

When I saw this on a bunch of Aussie blogger's Instagrams, I knew I was going to need to purchase it, because I am easily enabled by others (but only when it comes to shopping...) Contouring and these multi-use palettes seem to be all the rage on the cosmetics market at the moment and it's good to see that the cheaper, drugstore brands are bringing out their own variations. The Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette looks really beautiful, but does it perform? Read on to find out.

RIMMEL | Kate Sculpting Contour Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The palette is a very makeup bag friendly one, and a lot less cumbersome then most. The gold design is totally on trend and it definitely catches your eye when you are pursuing the makeup stands. My only qualms is that the lid feels like it will break off the hinge quite easily if I'm not careful, but for a cheaper brand we can't go expecting too much in the way of packaging. It's what's on the inside that counts right?

RIMMEL | Kate Sculpting Contour Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

RIMMEL | Kate Sculpting Contour Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The shade I have in the palette is 002 Coral Glow. When I got it from Farmers, it was the only shade available so I'm unsure if you can get it in lighter or darker tones. The palette holds your usual suspects; a golden highlighting shade, a matte bronzer, and a peachy pink blush with a hint of shimmer. All the powders feel nice to use, blend well and don't have that chalky feel, nor do they have much fall out in the pan. The highlighter is subtle, great if you are starting out, or want something that's not as intense. The bronzer I really love, it is the right shade for me, not too warm, but also not too cool so it looks muddy. It works well to bronze up the skin and also to add light definition to the cheek bones. The blush is a gorgeous shades and gives the cheeks a natural colour and flush. It's not the kind of contouring palette that is going to make you look like Kim K, but for the average girl like myself - this is perfect and user friendly.

At only $20.99, this palette is a steal and I would definitely recommend it to you all, although it may not work for everyone's skin tones - hopefully they bring out other shades soon. 

Have you spied this palette in stores yet? Do you think you'll be picking it up?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top