NAIL JUICE | Indie Nail Polishes - Review + Swatches

NAIL JUICE | Indie Nail Polishes - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

You would all know by now that I am a nail polish fiend, my collection is out of control! However, the majority of polishes I have are from the bigger brands such as O.P.I. and Essie, and I've never dabbled in the 'indie' nail polish world. There are a lot of people out there creating some amazing polishes with unique colours, glitters and finishes, and NZ based brand, Nail Juice is one of them.

NAIL JUICE | Indie Nail Polishes - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

NAIL JUICE | Indie Nail Polishes - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I was kindly sent three mini bottles of their polishes to try out in the shades Fairlane*, Bird Song* and Russett* - all of which are extremely glittery. As you can see from the bottle shots they are really unique shades and I have nothing quite like them in my collection.

NAIL JUICE | Indie Nail Polishes - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Pictured on my nails are Bird Song, with Fairlane as an accent nail. As formula goes, these two shades, in particular, have that sort of jelly look on the nails, they aren't completely opaque, however, if you did build up the coats I think they would be. I did two coats of each shade, Bird Song covered well, but Fairlane left me with a few streaky patches on the nails. Russett is the most opaque of the three shades, and with two coats you don't see any nail underneath. 

I really like the brush on these, it's slightly wider so it means it fills more of the nails and makes painting them that much easier. The wear time was good as well (about 4-5 days before they really started to chip on me), but as always I did use my favourite base coat (Orly Polish Bond) and top coat (Essie Gel Setter).

The full-size bottles of polish are NZD $12.00 (12ml) or you can purchase these smaller 5ml sample sizes for only $6, which is an amazing way to try out a few different shades, especially as they are always coming up with new amazing colours! They ship all over NZ for only $4.50.

Have you tried out any indie nail polishes before? What do you think of these Nail Juice polishes?

*Gifted products.

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top