REAL TECHNIQUES | Collector's Edition Sculpting Brush Set Review

REAL TECHNIQUES | Collector's Edition Sculpting Brush Set - CassandraMyee

You might have seen in my latest iHerb haul that I posted last week (if you haven't read it, check it out here for lots of other haulin'), that I finally got my hands on the new Collector's Edition Sculpting Brush Set from my favourite brush brand, Real Techniques. If you live under a rock (sorry about that if you do...), RT was started by vlogging sisters and makeup artists Sam and Nic Chapman from Pixiwoo. I've been using their brushes for years now and I can always rely on them to be amazing quality, but also really affordable, and this new set is no exception.

REAL TECHNIQUES | Collector's Edition Sculpting Brush Set - CassandraMyee

I absolutely love the packaging on these ones, and they definitely stand out from their other brush colours. The hot metallic pink is sure to please any beauty lover!

REAL TECHNIQUES | Collector's Edition Sculpting Brush Set - CassandraMyee

REAL TECHNIQUES | Collector's Edition Sculpting Brush Set - CassandraMyee

The set comes with three brushes to help you in perfecting the art of the contour, which is having a massive revival in the beauty world at the moment. All of them have synthetic bristles, are cruelty free and very soft and wash well every single time. 

The brush I was most excited for is the Sculpting Brush. I was surprised at how dense the bristles on this one are; and for contouring I think it's a little too fat to get a sharp line, although I really like it for blending it out, and it also works great for bronzing around the forehead and jaw line. This brush can be bought separately for NZD $15.00 here.

The Fan Brush is a set exclusive and can't be purchased separately. I've really been loving this one for highlighter as it seems to pick up just the right amount of product and you can get a beautiful application by sweeping it along the top of the cheek bones and on the brow bone. 

The Setting Brush can be purchased alone for NZD $15.00 here, and is one of my favourite RT brushes that I actually got a couple of years ago in the Sam's Picks set. I am so glad to have another one in my brush collection as I use it nearly every day; it's great for setting under eye concealer, or powdery around the nose or on spots. It can also be used for highlighter as well for a more intense application then the Fan Brush will give.

So once again Real Techniques have not let me down in this set; the packaging and the quality is totally on point and at about $10 for each brush (the whole set is around NZD $30.00 via. iHerb), you can't complain at all especially as the brushes will last you for years if you look after them.

Have you bough the Sculpting Set yet? What Real Techniques brush is your favourite?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top