BY TERRY | Ombre Blackstar Colour-Fix Cream Eyeshadow in Misty Rock

BY TERRY | Ombre Blackstar Colour-Fix Cream Eyeshadow in Misty Rock - CassandraMyee

My beauty wishlist is constantly being added too, in fact it's getting miles long that I am hanging out for a lotto win so I can buy 'all the things'. At the tip top of my list was this beauty of a product - By Terry Ombre Blackstar in the infamous shade, Misty Rock. Yes, it is the shade that everyone raves about (especially the UK bloggers/vloggers), but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the NZD $60.00 for a single eyeshadow stick. But I was very surprised and very thankful that my sister treated me to this for my birthday in April. The big question is, is it worth the price tag and the hype?

BY TERRY | Ombre Blackstar Colour-Fix Cream Eyeshadow in Misty Rock - CassandraMyee

In simple terms, this eyeshadow is pretty darn special, and I think for a bit of a splurge, it's the product to go for. The packaging feels luxe, which you would expect from a brand like By Terry. Formula wise, it is one of the best cream shadows I've used. It's so pigmented that only a light swipe will give you beautiful colour pay off, and the main thing I like about it is that you get a bit of time to blend it out before it sets completely on the lids, after that it ain't going anywhere. You can keep it relatively sheer by blending it out, or pack it on for full effect.

Misty Rock is a shade that is hard to describe and it really changes in different lights. The swatch above doesn't do the colour justice - it's a bit taupe, a bit purple, a bit bronze, with a high shimmer to it. I also like the applicator which means you could use it over the entire lid, or just use it as a smudged out liner on the top and bottom lash line.

You can find By Terry at Mecca Cosmetica in NZ (both online and in stores) and the Ombre Blackstar's retail for $60.00. There are a bunch of gorgeous shade and I'm eyeing up Bronze Moon next...

Do you own any of the Ombre Blackstar's, or have you tried any out in store? What shade is your favourite?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top