M.A.C | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I find myself far too often on the MAC website, adding things to my cart, creating a dream wishlist and then closing down the tab. Whenever a new collection comes out it gives me the push I need to actually order some of the products I've been lusting after. The Wash & Dry collection release was exactly that push I needed.
MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I won't lie that what drew me to this was the pattern on the product - it is so beautiful! This powder was released as part of the Philip Treacy collection and by the looks of it, it isn't going anywhere. It's a strange product that I will have to experiment with; I've read some bad reviews of it and some good ones. It works more like a setting or finishing powder, but I could possibly get away with it as a blush. The silver on the powder is an over-spray and as you can see in the swatch image, the silver rubbed off straight away. The powder feels soft and velvety, so I look forward to seeing how it works.

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Wash & Dry Collection - Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronzer [USD $27.50] + Satin Powder Blush in Crisp Whites [USD $24.50]
The main stars of the show, and why I made an order in the first place! I managed to nab these the morning after this collection was released online. I almost got one of the lipsticks, but they only had the red shade left and I wasn't totally attracted to that one. I am so in love with the products I did pick though, that packaging!! I went for the Matte Bronzer, as that's always going to be a winner and so far I like it. It's not heavily pigmented, and seems to blend onto the skin well. The Blush shade is something a bit different from my usual and is described as a pale tangerine with pearls. I would have gone with Hipness but it had sold out. I think packaging alone is enough to make any makeup lover swoon! This is available in NZ now; Bronzer and Blush both NZD $52.00.

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC | Haul feat. Philip Treacy + Wash & Dry Collection - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Lipsticks in Brave + Pink Plaid | USD $16.00 each
I've wanted these shades for the longest time and I am so glad I got them! Brave is a satin finish lipstick, described as a pink-beige with white pearl, and Pink Plaid is a matte, dirty blue-pink. 

Lip Pencils in Soar + Whirl | USD $16.00 each
Yes I finally went there and order those infamous shades, with no regrets - because I absolutely love them! Whirl is a dirty rose and Soar is a mid-toned pinkish brown. The formula of these are great, with just the right balance of creaminess and hardness, and they seriously last ages on. I think these are my new favourites!

I used YouShop to forward this from the US site, and it cost NZD $22.00 for shipping, which is pretty standard for MAC orders. 

What do you think of my haul? Do you have any of these items?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top