COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions

COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Shadows + Lippie Pencil - CassandraMyee

Finally! Yes, finally, I have tried some of the magic that is ColourPop and I am completely obsessed slash can't get enough slash want to buy all of the things. Recently I just could not resist another visit to the site, after months of trying to hold myself back from dropping a lot of dollars on some ColourPop goodness, I made a rather large order so I could see what all the hype was about. So here is my haul and first impressions of a couple of the products I picked up (I also got a few of the sets, but more on those in due course).

COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Shadows + Lippie Pencil - CassandraMyee

Before I get started I just have got to say how darn amazing the whole packaging of these products are. You can tell they've put a lot of thought and love into the packaging, even down to the shipping box they arrived in. You get a handwritten note from them (how have there hands not fallen off by now with all of the orders?), and postcard style cards that give a run down on each product and the best way to use them. Plus anything that's white with holographic details is something I can most definitely get behind.

COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Shadows + Lippie Pencil - CassandraMyee


Lippie Pencil in Lumiere | USD $5.00
I had watched a lot of Youtube videos and read a bunch of blog posts before I made my order, but there was one colour in the lippie's that I needed, this one, in the shade Lumiere. I am regreting now not getting the matching Lippie Stix, but that will have to be in another order. This colour is everything I could ask for; it looks natural, but still like you have colour on your lips. The formula of these pencils are spot on and I've been wearing this just by itself all over the lips and it lasts all day long for me. It has a matte finish, so it can get a bit drying over time, but a little lip balm can solve that issue. This will definitely be featuring in my Most Loved for April.

COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Shadows + Lippie Pencil - CassandraMyee


Super Shock Cheeks in Holiday | USD $8.00
I love a good blush and this one is unlike any I've ever used, purely down to the texture. It is creamy and bouncy, but it has a powder finish once you apply it to the skin. There are a ton of shades to choose from but I went for this easy to wear peachy pink. These are easy to blend out and I like to use a stipple brush, so I can control how much I'm putting on and build it up if necessary. 

COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Shadows + Lippie Pencil - CassandraMyee

Super Shock Shadows in Meow + So Quiche | USD $5.00 each
Number one - how cute are the names? I really couldn't resist them! And two - how beaut are those colours?! The Super Shock shadows are where it all started for the brand and I can now see why people are raving about them. The texture is seriously weird and one of those things that is really hard to describe. They are very creamy, super pigmented but once applied they go to a powder finish, making them really easy to work with and blend out. Meow is from their tie dye range and it looks amazing in the pan, but once mixed together it leaves you with a super sparkly purple/silver/grey tone. So Quiche, is indeed very quiche, it's a unique olive toned bronzey shade that transforms in different lights; I'd really recommend you all try this one out!

COLOURPOP | Haul + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Shadows + Lippie Pencil - CassandraMyee


Along with these few items, I also got the Shaaanxo set [USD $20.00] (the main reason for me placing an order in the first place!), the Minx Society Night Out set [USD $20.00], and the amazing Fetch Please pack [USD $30.00] that includes shadows, pigments and three Lippie Stix. I'll have a lot more information on these sets in separate posts to come soon.

ColourPop ship to a few more places now outside the US, including Australia and NZ (hooray!), but the shipping can get a little steep as it goes by weight. For this order, I paid around USD $26 for shipping which isn't too bad, considering how many items I got and how darn cheap their products are in the first place. I don't think I can rave enough about ColourPop and am now trying to resist making another order (the new In Bloom set looks AMAZING! Someone hold me back!)

Have you got any ColourPop makeup? What items do you like the look of the most?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top