MUA [MAKEUP ACADEMY] | Baked Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence - Review + Swatches

MUA [MAKEUP ACADEMY] // Baked Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee
Over the past couple of weeks I have been giving my makeup collection a big old sort through and changing things out from my 'everyday' stash to give some love to other items that may have got a bit neglected. While doing this, I came across this MUA Baked Eyeshadow Trio that had not had a lot of use, but that quickly changed when I realised how nice it was!
MUA [MAKEUP ACADEMY] // Baked Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MUA [MAKEUP ACADEMY] // Baked Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I've talked about Makeup Academy (i.e. MUA) a lot on my blog and some of the very first hauls I featured on CM way back when were from MUA. The brand is UK based and has super affordable makeup items, that across the board, are great quality. I'm not sure how this Baked Trio came into my life (I think it was in a bulk lot of new makeup I bought via Trade Me a while a go...), but it did get a bit forgotten about. It seriously deserves a lot more love though; it comes with three shades, all shimmery and all with great pigmentation. The shades are a little on the powdery side, but it's nothing that a bit of makeup setting spray on the brush won't fix, plus that intensifies the colours even more. The shimmery white is perfect for highlighting, the slightly green tinged taupe is stunning all over the lid and the darker blue/brown duo chrome shade is a stand out. 

MUA [MAKEUP ACADEMY] // Baked Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence | Review + Swatches - MAC + Wet N Wild Dupes - CassandraMyee

I couldn't help but notice when I swatched and used the blue/brown shade, how similar it looked to a famous shadow shade; MAC Club. As you can see from the swatch it is extremely close in tones and on the lid they are nearly identical. I also included a swatch of the similar shade from the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette (full review here) for comparison. This is my favourite shade from the bunch which is why I think you all need to try and get your hands on this trio!

The packaging I have is an older version, which is pretty cumbersome, but the new packaging looks a lot sleeker in design. The trios are only £2.50, which is around NZD $5 and a total bargain for what you get! MUA offer shipping worldwide and last time I checked it was about NZD $14 to NZ, but they often have deals and discounts on the site.

Have you got any of these trios from MUA? What are your thoughts on the near dupe?!

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest
back to top