NYX | Butter Lipsticks - Review + Swatches

NYX // Butter Lipsticks | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I won't lie to you; I'm easily influenced when it comes to beauty buying. One rave review by my favourite blogger or Youtuber will have me straight onto a particular website and ordering that item right away. Not only that, but I love trying out new makeup products, especially lipsticks! So with Makeup By Alli's swatch and review video of these NYX Butter Lipsticks, I was practically sold on them as soon as I watched it. It has taken me a while to actually get my hands on them though, but thankfully a couple of months back Cherry Culture had their annual 40% sale (see the haul here) and had a lot of the shades in stock (half the time they were all out of stock), so I got my hands on five of them...

NYX // Butter Lipsticks | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

NYX // Butter Lipsticks | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

NYX // Butter Lipsticks | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

NYX // Butter Lipsticks | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I'm a huge fan of how these lipsticks are packaged. They are bright, girly, look great in my clear lipstick holder, but also are practical in indicating exactly what the shade is inside. The tubes are the same as the matte lipstick range, which are longer and slightly thinner than the standard round lipsticks that NYX offer. But of course, it's not all about how they look, they've gotta perform and these live up to their claim. As promised they do feel soft and buttery to apply with medium to full opacity on the lips. You can keep them quite sheer, but they also build up too. What I like the most is how comfortable they feel on the lips, almost just like a lip balm, but because of this they don't last terribly long and easily transfer.

There's a really great shade range, but I typically stayed in the safe zone with a range of pink shades, although Lollies is like a sherbet pastel orange. There should be a shade for everyone, and the next ones on my hit list are some of the berry shades... watch out for a haul coming soon I'd say! These are of course, available on Cherry Culture for USD $6.00 and the whole shade range is on Beauty Joint as well for USD $6.00. Beauty Joint would be the best place to buy from if you're in NZ as the shipping would work out a bit cheaper than the CC shipping does (unless they are having a special!)

Have you got any of the Butter Lipsticks? What is your favourite shade?

back to top