RIMMEL | Brit Kit - Review + Swatches

RIMMEL // Brit Kit | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

As is always the way, I went into Farmers to buy one thing (albeit a boring skincare thing), to then come out with this 'Brit Kit' from Rimmel that was only $25! I did justify it because I had a $20 Farmers voucher which made it all the more cheaper at basically $5! I think this would make such a perfect Christmas gift for a makeup lover that you might know, so I'll break down the contents and give you the low down on the Kit.


RIMMEL // Brit Kit | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

For NZD $25, this is some serious value for money as each of these items alone would be over an average of $10 each. It comes with four products; a lipstick, eye liner, mascara and nail polish, all housed in a red Rimmel makeup bag.

RIMMEL // Brit Kit | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 10
If this lipstick does not scream Christmas to you, then I don't know what would! It is a true red, that goes on creamy with amazing pigmentation and does last on the lips for a couple of hours (but not that long with heavy drinking or eating). I love the Rimmel lipsticks and this particular line is stand out.

RIMMEL // Brit Kit | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Liner in Black
This isn't the most incredible black eye liner out there but it does have a good dark black colour and works great in the water line and sticks around due to the waterproof formula. 

RIMMEL // Brit Kit | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara in Black
I will admit the main thing that grabbed me in the kit was this mascara, I've been wanting to try it ever since it was released a couple months back. The wand shape is very odd and at first it takes a bit to get used to using. The formula was very wet and I'm still waiting for it to dry out a bit, so I can't give my final verdict on this just yet.

Salon Pro Nail Polish in 708 Get A Nail Tan
I really like the 60 Seconds line, but hadn't yet dabbled in the Salon Pro line. I haven't used this on the nails yet, but did swatch it on my nail wheel and it was basically opaque in one coat and the colour is a gorgeous darker camel, which I think will look really clean and sleek on the nails. Keep your eyes peeled for a NOTD using this shade!

So at $25 this is a major steal and the perfect last minute Christmas gift with colours that will suit pretty much everybody. I know I would be stoked to see this under the tree for me! I found this at Farmers in NZ, so hopefully they are still available around the country.

Have you spied this kit yet? Or have you used any of the products that came in this set?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest
back to top