MAYBELLINE | Expert Wear Eye Shadow Palette - The Nudes - Review + Swatches

MAYBELLINE // Expert Wear Eye Shadow Palette - The Nudes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

When I first heard that Maybelline were throwing their hat into the neutral palette ring, I was damn excited. A good set of neutral shadows at drugstore prices? Yes please! A few months back I finally managed to nab The Nudes palette on Drugstore.com, as every time I checked it was constantly out of stock, and it arrived in this haul here.

MAYBELLINE // Expert Wear Eye Shadow Palette - The Nudes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The palette itself is in a standard black plastic packaging, much like their other quads and trios. It comes equipped with 12 shadows, ranging from your basic creams and whites to dark browns and blacks.

MAYBELLINE // Expert Wear Eye Shadow Palette - The Nudes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAYBELLINE // Expert Wear Eye Shadow Palette - The Nudes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The idea with the palette is that it can be broken down into smaller sections, as shown on the back, you can use the shades as duos, trios and quads and they are curated so it makes it easy to know what works with what. I think this is a nice idea, but personally I'm just all for using whatever shade and I find they all work really well with each other no matter what shades you choose.

MAYBELLINE // Expert Wear Eye Shadow Palette - The Nudes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The shadows themselves are really great quality and live up to other Maybelline shadows I've got in my collection. The palette has a good mix of textures, with a few matte shadows and some gorgeous intense metallic shadows, and ones with a more sheeny, satin look. The pigmentation is generally spot on, but the darker black and brown don't have the best colour payoff like others in the palette. I find them easy to work with, you can blend them out well and they have good lasting power on the lids. I think for a really affordable neutral palette, this is pretty amazing and it's from a great trusted brand.

Unfortunately this isn't available in NZ yet, but fingers crossed in the New Year it will be released, because we seriously lack in affordable palettes like this. If you want to get your hands on it now, I ordered mine from Drugstore.com and used Youshop (a parcel forwarding service) to get it to me in NZ. The palette itself is only USD $8.99, about NZD $11.30, and you can find it here.

Have you used The Nudes palette? What do you think of the shade selection?

back to top