MAKEUP REVOLUTION | Powder + Cream Blushes - Review + Swatches

MAKEUP REVOLUTION // Powder + Cream Blushes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I finally took the plunge and did a rather large order (see the haul post here) from the UK based brand Makeup Revolution that has had huge hype around it, especially in the blogging world as the products are crazy cheap (and I mean, super duper cheap). I've split the haul I did into various posts to give a more in-depth review of some of the products I got. Initial impressions, all pretty amazing to be honest and I am very keen to do another order soon! This post I'm talking the blush range, with one powder and one cream blusher.

MAKEUP REVOLUTION // Powder + Cream Blushes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee
Powder Blush in Now! // £1.00 [approx. NZD $2.00]
I am a blush fiend, I love buying them, I love using them, so naturally I had to order one especially as the price is only £1! I went for the shade Now! which is just a gorgeous dark pink with a slightly golden glitter through it. The shimmer/glitter is extremely fine and barely transfers to the skin, instead it just gives a lot more light to the cheeks. The pigmentation of this is so good, I wasn't expecting it to be great, so I was really blown away. I only need to tap the brush in lightly to get enough to add a good amount of colour onto the cheeks. It's really easy to work with and I find it lasts fairly well without too much fading through the day.

MAKEUP REVOLUTION // Powder + Cream Blushes | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Cream Blush in Frambroise Shake // £1.50 [approx. NZD $2.99]
I like blushes in all forms, and I'm a big fan of cream formulas (I did a whole post dedicated to some of my favourites here). Frambroise Shake is a very similar colour to Now!, but a touch darker and without any shimmer and it looks really natural on the cheeks. I use a stipple brush to apply it, and you don't need a lot of get a good colour payoff. It blends well and sets down in a few seconds.

I was pretty darn blown away by these blushes and would happily order the whole lot if I could! Both formulas are amazing, plus I love the colours I chose (which was really on a whim). The packaging is nothing fancy, but at around NZD $2.00 and with a great formula, I can let that slide!


Have you used any of the Makeup Revolution blushes before? Do you have some favourite shades?

back to top