E.L.F. COSMETICS | Matte Lip Color Collection - Review + Swatches

E.L.F. COSMETICS // Matte Lip Color Collection | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Initially I only bought one of these, which I then proceeded to really love, so obviously that meant I had to buy the rest of the colours (normal, right?) The lip product in question comes from the extremely affordable brand, e.l.f [eyes, lips, face]. This is a brand I absolutely love and I've raved about many of their products on CM (just do a quick search to see all of the results, or to see my Top 5, click here), so it's no surprise I'm a big fan of these particular Matte Lip Colors.

E.L.F. COSMETICS // Matte Lip Color Collection | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

E.L.F. COSMETICS // Matte Lip Color Collection | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

First off, I love the packaging, they are slim and sleek, with a black barrel, that simply twists up to get the lip colour. The base of each has the colour so it's easy to find the one you want with the shade name on the base. The coloured bit actually comes off the bottom and it has a sharpener, which was something I only found out not so long ago! Because they get blunt easily with use, this is great to get the point back for precision.

E.L.F. COSMETICS // Matte Lip Color Collection | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The collection has six colours, all very safe and neutral shades, with the one exception being the very vibrant, Rich Red. These are matte lip products, like no other; they go on matte pretty much straight away, have strong pigmentation and are matte but not at all drying and they don't crack or flake throughout the day. I reach for these on the daily as I know they are comfortable on the lips but the colour also sticks around for a good 2-3 hours. My favourite shade is the first one I got in Natural, and it's the 'your lips but better' to a tee. Tea Rose is also gorgeous and I love the hint of lilac it gives to the lips.

These are all round winners for me and at USD $3.00 each, they're a total steal. I buy mine from iHerb (my discount code is RMM029, if you want to get $5 - $10 off your first order), or you can also find them on Beauty Joint for USD $3.99 - both sites ship worldwide. There are three new shades being added soon - they all look gorgeous!

So what do you think of these Matte Lip Colors? Do you own any shades?

*Post contains affiliate code.


back to top