CHEAP EBAY FINDS | White + Gold 5 Piece Kabuki Brushes

CHEAP EBAY FINDS // White + Gold 5 Piece Kabuki Brushes - CassandraMyee

eBay has some absolute gems, and in another instalment of Cheap eBay Finds, I've got some very affordable and great makeup brushes to share. Over a year ago I talked about the Jessep eyeshadow brush set (see it here) and this set is the larger face brush counterparts. I love the eye shadows ones and use them daily and they still look good as new, so I knew this face set was going to be just as good.

CHEAP EBAY FINDS // White + Gold 5 Piece Kabuki Brushes - CassandraMyee

The set I got comes with five brushes, in various different cuts. I went for the gold and white combo because I just love that colour combo together! These brushes are great quality, they are synthetic which means they wash up good as new every time and are extremely soft. I love these for foundation (the rounded brush is similar in shape to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush), cream bronzer, cream blusher and highlighting (the pointed one is great for this job!).

CHEAP EBAY FINDS // White + Gold 5 Piece Kabuki Brushes - CassandraMyee

Here's a comparison of the brush sizes compared to a couple of my Real Techniques brushes and the Jessup eye shadow brushes. They are a little wider and have thicker handles than the RT ones.

CHEAP EBAY FINDS // White + Gold 5 Piece Kabuki Brushes - CassandraMyee

Despite the actual brushes and bristles being great quality, a couple of mine didn't stay together with the handle completely detaching due to lack of glue but it was an easy fix with a bit of hot glue. The other three from the set are perfectly fine, but these two broke off as soon as I opened the package.

Although the glue situation on the handles is a negative, once I fixed them they were great and I love using them. The best part is that for the whole set of five brushes they were only around NZD $9.90 with free shipping. At under $2 a brush, that is pretty amazing value and if you are looking for some new brushes, check these ones out.

Have you bought brushes from eBay before? Do you have a similar set, what do you think of them?

back to top