KISS AND MAKEUP | Haul + Thoughts

 

KISS AND MAKEUP | Haul + Thoughts - Cassandra Myee

I feel as though I need to start this post with a reintroduction because it has been MONTHS since I last posted (since early February to be exact). 2020 has really been a very unforgiving year for all of us and my brainpower and mental state could only manage to cope with so much and unfortunately, it meant my blog got put on the back burner. It's not to say that I still haven't been buying new things and trying new products, because I still love doing that but I just haven't been able to think about posting about them! I have been doing the odd posts on Instagram and I am now slowly trying to get my groove back and create some new content.

So my first post back in a while is a classic CM style post, a beauty haul from a brand new New Zealand online beauty retailer, Kiss and Makeup who just launched in July. They kindly offered me a gift voucher to spend on their website, so I'm here to share my experiences and the products I bought.

Kiss and Makeup stock a really nice selection of a variety of brands such as e.l.f, Maybelline, L'Oreal Paris, Rimmel, Garnier, Max Factor, Elizabeth Arden, Bourjois, NYX and more. They're based out of Wellington, NZ and ship nationwide from only $4.90, or for free on orders of $50 and they also offer Afterpay. I had absolutely no issues with the shipping and it arrived within a couple of days, each product was individually bubble wrapped and well packed.

Now let's get into the good stuff, the actual products! First up, I have been wanting to try the L'Oreal Paris Infaillible 24hr Fresh Wear Foundation* (NZD $22.90) for ages and I'm glad I have now as it's a great foundation. It is quite runny when you pump it out and I find you need to blend it in quickly as it sets up on the skin really fast. I work in areas and build up coverage where needed and find its medium coverage but can be full coverage if layered. It lasts well on my combo skin for the whole day and doesn't cake up.

The Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder* (NZD $16.90) is a product I will never, ever be without. I usually always get the Transparent one but decided to try out one of their 'coloured' ones and went with the shade Buff Beige. It doesn't add a whole lot of extra coverage to the skin, but it helps to give a nice thin layer of powder and keeps me matte throughout the day. If you are yet to try this powder out and need to control the sheen, definitely look no further than this one that won't break the bank either.

I feel like everyone is after the glow these days rather than the all matte look, so highlighting drops have become super popular. I added the L'Oreal Glow Drops Highlighting Fluid* (NZD $19.90) to my order as I hadn't seen this product available in NZ stores (correct me if I am wrong!), and it looked like such a gorgeous shade. These drops have a nice, lighter consistency to them that blends out really well. They can easily be mixed into a moisturiser, primer, or foundation to add a natural glow to your makeup. This shade throws a lot more pearl/white then it does pink and is glowy without being glittery.

I also ordered the Maybelline Lemonade Craze Eyeshadow Palette* to try out but unfortunately, it is no longer available on Kiss and Makeup, but they may be restocking it. It's a really fun mix of shades, with some good neutrals with a couple of pops of colour such as the bright pink and the yellow to experiment with. The pigmentation overall is pretty good, it's nothing mind-blowing but they build well on the lids and are easy to work with.

You will also notice some Clinique products in the image, but Kiss and Makeup are no longer stocking Clinique on their site. All in all, I had a fantastic experience ordering from Kiss and Makeup and will happily use it in the future and to help support small local retailers.

*Gifted voucher, not sponsored. All thoughts and opinions my own.

Comments

back to top