REAL TECHNIQUES | Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set - Limited Edition

REAL TECHNIQUES | Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set - Limited Edition - CassandraMyee

As we lead up to Christmas, there are so many great sets and releases that I just can't wait to share. They'd make amazing gifts, or just as a treat to yourself! When it comes to makeup tools and brushes, I am a sucker for anything that Real Techniques bring out. They're my most used brushes that I own and have lasted me for years and years, plus it also helps that they aren't going to cost you an arm and a leg.

REAL TECHNIQUES | Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set - Limited Edition - CassandraMyee

While I was perusing on iHerb (as I do quite often) I spied the Christmas sets from Real Techniques and could not resist. The Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set caught my eye immediately. First off it has my absolute holy grail Complexion Sponge in the set (in a special pink shade!), plus four other brushes, three of which are new and one that I don't actually own. The packaging totally grabbed me too - the brush handles are metal and holographic with these super cool clear neon plastic ends.

REAL TECHNIQUES | Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set - Limited Edition - CassandraMyee

REAL TECHNIQUES | Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set - Limited Edition - CassandraMyee

In terms of limited edition packaging, these are definitely my favourite that Real Techniques have ever bought out! The set is also a great way to get some high-quality brushes, perfect for beginner's or heavy makeup users like myself. Like all of the RT brushes, these are synthetic bristles so they work with creams and powders and they wash up easily with warm water and a good brush cleaner, or baby shampoo works a treat. The Complexion Sponge is on par with the beautyblender and I swear by mine for applying my foundation and concealer and any other creams I may use such as a cream blush or liquid highlighter. The key is to dampen it with water and squeeze it out, then bounce, bounce, bounce on the skin to flawlessly blend in your makeup.

REAL TECHNIQUES | Neon Lights Full Face Complexion Set - Limited Edition - CassandraMyee

The four brushes included in the set are all multi-use and practical. The Ultimate Buffing Brush is a variation on one of RT's best brushes the Buffing Brush and it will buff in foundation and concealer with ease. The Contour Fan Brush is a new one to the set and is slightly squished down so you can carve out the cheekbones with powder or creams. The Domed Shadow Brush is perfect for eyeshadow, or even for spot concealing. The Large Smudge Brush does what it says on the tin - this one works well for smudging shadow along the lash line, or smudging out eyeliner.

Each of these brushes I know I will get a lot of use from and as a set it is great value for money. On iHerb you can nab this one for around NZD $29 here, and you can use my code RMM029 for 5% off your order. They also have adorable mini brushes and sponges in ornaments that are so fun!

Are you a Real Techniques fan?

Comments

back to top