COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


After my rant about owning and buying a lot of makeup from a couple of weeks ago (read the full post here), I vowed that I wouldn't give a shiz about what other people thought and that I would stop worrying that I was posting too many hauls, or too much Colourpop. So in celebration (and a bit of defiance), here is a recent Colourpop haul I did a month or so back featuring products from the Valentines Day collection, some new pressed shadows, and the gorgeous Alexis Ren collaboration.

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Lippie Stix in Sure Thing | USD $5.00
Unfortunately, the limited edition packaging isn't available for the V Day Collection, but you can still get a bunch of the products in the normal packaging, this new creme Lippie Stix being one of them. They launched a new creme formula that is unlike nothing I have felt before. There are super pigmented, but have this moisturising and comfortable feel on the lips. If you aren't into mattes, then you will love this formula. Sure Thing is a warm beige nude which pulls quite peachy on me, and you can see it swatched below.

Blending Brush | USD $6.00
I love makeup brushes and already own a fair few but wanted to try out these ones from CP to see how good they were. They have 4 different eye brushes, all relatively similar, with this one designed for blending, which I thought I would get the most use from. The pink and gold handle is so cute and the bristles are very soft and do a great job at blending shadows. It works so well with the new Pressed Shadows (below).

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Pressed Shadows | USD $5.00 each
After ordering four of these shadows earlier in the year, I could not resist getting four more because the pigmentation blew me away. I have been using them so much and knew I would love some of the other shades offered. I got three from the Valentines collection (originally released in a cute duo, but later on became available as singles); Pep Talk, a metallic icy peach, Bouquet Toss, a metallic pinky peach, and Dreamboat, a matte dusty rose. To make up the four needed to get a free empty magnetic palette I went for something a bit different: Sideline, a metallic duochrome eggplant with green flip. As you can see they all bring it with the pigmentation, they are buttery and soft and blend so easily.

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Alexis Ren Topaz Pressed Powder Face Duo | USD $15.00
I had missed out on the first release of the Instagram model, Alexis Ren's collab with CP when it was first released, so I had to get some things in the second drop. First off I absolutely love the packaging of these, with the matte black and gold accents, making them look a little more expensive then they really are. The Topaz Palette was the first powder cheek palette released; they have since brought out a few more as part of their Monochromatic Collections, with various blush and highlight combos (all of them look amazing). I had seen a lot of people swatch this, but since trying it myself I can't believe how nice these are to use, and also how large the pan sizes are! They have got a lot of pigment to them, but you can work with them and blend them well. The highlighter is particularly amazing. It's all very warm toned so it might not work on certain skin tones -something to note. The shades included are; Golden Moment, a matte warm bronzer, and She's Here To Stay, a gold pearlized highlighter. Swatches below.

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP COSMETICS | Alexis Ren Collaboration, Valentine's Day Collection + Pressed Shadows - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Alexis Ren Ultra Satin Lip in Bare Necessities | USD $6.00
I really like the Ultra Satin formula as you still get the lasting power of the Ultra Mattes but they aren't as drying on the lips. Bare Necessities is a  peachy pink nude that is right up my alley.

Alexis Ren Blotted Lip in Deja Vu | USD $5.00
The Blotted Lip is another new product from Colourpop and has only been made available as part of the Alexis Ren collection at the moment. I would like to see them do some more shades in it as the formula is really nice. It's a bit stiffer than the Lippie Stix but has the same saturated pigment, but you can blend them in and keep them on the sheer side, and 'blot' them in to give the lips more of a natural hint of colour. They can be packed on as a fully opaque lip too. I reach for this one a lot as the pink nude shade is something that suits me well.

Colourpop is still offering the free shipping internationally for orders over USD $50.00; such a great deal and with the new Sand collection launched last week, I think I may have to order some more shadows!

What do you think of the products I got?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top