URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee


If I had to pick one brand that I could only use their eyeshadows from it would be hands down Urban Decay. I have been a fan since I got the Naked 2 Palette a good 2 year ago, but it was the Naked Basics (both 1 and 2) that confirmed my love for the brand and their shadows. I have thrashed my Basics Palettes (as you will see below) and reach for them daily. As soon as I saw they were bringing out this gorgeous monster of a matte palette, I knew I was going to need it - and here it is!

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The Ultimate Naked Basics Palette has taken it to another level - it's the biggest of the Naked family and instead of being long, they have got it in a square palette with the 12 shades stacked as rows of 6. The exterior packaging as you can see is a beautiful Art Deco like rose gold and inside it boasts a huge mirror (although sadly mine has come loose from the glue, but it is an easy fix). The palette contains 11 matte shades and 1 slightly shimmery satin shade which are all new and not seen in other palettes. They all have the same buttery formula as the ones I love from the smaller Naked Basics, but with more shade options.

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

TOP ROW
What they have nailed here is that there is a good mix of warmer and cooler shades, plus you get a lot of the staple shades you would need in a matte formula. The top row is closest to the other Naked Basics, but there seem to be a bit more mauve tones going through a couple of them. The palette claims to be all matte, but as you can see from the lightest shade Blow, it has a bit of a metallic satin finish to it. I'm not complaining about that as it is a nice one for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner.

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

BOTTOM ROW
This is where the palette gets a bit more daring with the terracotta orange Extra Bitter, and Magnet, a grey blue. All of the shades have really good pigmentation but do have a bit of fall out. Magnet and Blackjack for me are a slight let down as they don't feel as smooth as the others. The black shade Crave, from the original Naked Basics, has amazing pigment to it, so I was disappointed that Blackjack wasn't the same. Although I say that I am disappointed, compared to other matte formulas these still work well. Despite that, I still adore this palette and have been getting a lot of use from it and really embracing the all matte eyes.

URBAN DECAY | Ultimate Naked Basics Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Above shows a comparison with the original (left) and Naked Basics 2 (right), there are some similar shades, however, they are all different tones, so if you have either of the Basics, you might like to invest in this larger one to expand your matte eyeshadow collection. You also get a cute mini double ended brush which is high quality and I use the ones from the Naked 2, 3 and Smokey palette heaps!

My Dad actually bought this back from Sephora where is it USD $54.00 (approx. NZD $77.00), compared to the Naked Basics which are USD $29.00. Now that Mecca Maxima is stocking Urban Decay, you can buy this in NZ for $99.00 here.

Do you think you will be purchasing this palette? Are you a fan of matte eyeshadow like me?

P.S. A big happy birthday to my lil' sister Emily - I hope you've had a great day!

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top