JEFFREE STAR | Velour Liquid Lipstick Collection + Swatches

JEFFREE STAR | Velour Liquid Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee


Welcome to 2017 everyone - we made it! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas break, I certainly did and it was great to have some time away from the blog and social media, it was exactly what I needed! For my very first post for 2017, I thought I'd ease back in and talk about something I absolutely love  - liquid lipsticks. I have loads, and from various brands so I know a good liquid lip when I try it. One of the brands I absolutely love for this sort of lip product is Jeffree Star Cosmetics.

JEFFREE STAR | Velour Liquid Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Jeffree Star himself over the years, and whilst I don't agree with some of the things he has done or said, I have to admit the products are pretty amazing. Obviously, he has an entire team behind the brand creating the products, and as the face and name of the brand it is going to get some backlash, but for the moment I am still happy purchasing and using the products.

The Velour Liquid Lipsticks were the first products launched by the brand and now they come in SO many colours (nearly 40!), and some very unique shades as well, such as a forest green, white, bright yellow and mint green. My collection is quite modest with only 5 shades but they are all very wearable and some of them are my absolute favourites and go-to's.

JEFFREE STAR | Velour Liquid Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

There's a lot to like about these; the packaging is bright and eye-catching, the doe-foot applicator pools just the right amount of product on it and applies well to the lips, plus they are vegan and cruelty-free. The formula is one of the best ones I have used; it is quite runny when you first apply it but highly pigmented with one swipe. They set down to a fully matte finish that barely transfers and I find I can get a whole day of wear out of them, but might need a touch up in the centre of the lips if I have eaten something sloppy or been drinking a lot. As they are a matte finish they do feel dry (naturally), but they don't feel as drying as some others available. I like to use a lip balm on the lips about 20 minutes before applying a liquid lipstick to keep some hydration underneath.

The shades I have in my collection are:

Celebrity Skin* | Soft brown nude with peachy undertones. Of all my liquid lipsticks I think this is one of the ones I reach for the most and would suit all types of skin tones.

Leo* | True matte honey brown. This is the newest shade in my collection and I think it is just stunning. It's a bit darker and warmer than Celebrity Skin and I am looking forward to using this one in Autumn especially.

Androgyny | Sultry, plum mauve. If you want to buy just one shade, make it this one. I have so much love for this shade and I find it extremely flattering on and it instantly pulls together your makeup look.

714* | Neon pastel coral. Definitely one of the more 'out there' shades I own and not the most wearable, but a fun one to have. This was limited edition but has recently been bought back in the Summer collection with limited edition yellow packaging.

Redrum* | Cool toned red. I don't often wear red, but if I do it is likely going to be this one. 

If you are in NZ, Beauty Bliss is a registered stockist and always have a good selection of the shades available for NZD $34.00 each, some of them are actually on sale now for only $25! Beautylish also stock them and offer free shipping to NZ with orders over USD $50, or you can purchase directly from the Jeffree Star Cosmetics website where they are USD $18.00 each. I have my eye on a few other shades, particularly Rose Matters and Sagittarius from the limited edition Christmas collection.

Have you used the Velour Liquid Lipsticks? What shade is your favourite?

*Gifted products.

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top