NOTD | Essie Take It Outside + Hors d'Oeuvres

NOTD | Essie Take It Outside + Hors d'Oeuvres - CassandraMyee

As it's a Friday I thought I'd ease you all into the weekend with a simple NOTD post. Although I currently don't have this combo on my nails right now, I did have this Essie combination on a couple of weeks ago and love how they worked together. 

NOTD | Essie Take It Outside + Hors d'Oeuvres - CassandraMyee

NOTD | Essie Take It Outside + Hors d'Oeuvres - CassandraMyee


As I mentioned in a previous Nail Of The Day post, I'm trying to get into my glitter polishes again. I've always loved them, but lately I've been neglecting them, purely because they can be a pain to take off. However, I'm throwing that dumb excuse aside and I pulled out on of my favourite glitter polishes from Essie - a very party appropriate shade.

NOTD | Essie Take It Outside + Hors d'Oeuvres - CassandraMyee

For this combo I went for the neutral Take It Outside, which I love just on it's own as well for a simple and chic manicure. This shade is really beautiful as it's not quite grey due to the slightly mauve/lavender tones in it. It came out in the Dress To Kilt collection from 2014. I only used one coat as it gives great coverage, and I knew the glitter over top would cover any slightly streaky areas. To jazz up my manicure I reached for the amazing shade, Hors d'Oeuvres from the 2013 Encrusted Treasures collction. It gives amazing coverage on the nails and you almost get away with this on it's own if you did two coats. The glitter has a combination of gold and silver hexs, plus smaller rounds and very fine glitter that gives the polish a lot of dimension. 

What do you think of this Essie combination? Do you own either of these polishes?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top