SIX ESSIE POLISHES EVERY GIRL SHOULD OWN

SIX ESSIE POLISHES EVERYONE SHOULD OWN - CassandraMyee

Following on from my Essie Nail Polish Collection post a week or so ago, I thought I would share six shades from Essie that I think should be in every girls polish arsenal. There is a colour for almost every event, season or outing, and these are all some of my all time favourites from the brand.

SIX ESSIE POLISHES EVERYONE SHOULD OWN - CassandraMyee

SIX ESSIE POLISHES EVERYONE SHOULD OWN - CassandraMyee

SAND TROPEZ | A total classic neutral tan that looks sleek, sharp and sophisticated like you didn't even try. It works well with every outfit, would be perfect for the office and is very flattering to the hands. You can amp it with a glitter top coat if desired.

FIJI | If this isn't already a shade you own I suggest you run out and by this cult favourite ASAP. It's a soft baby pink that is fully opaque in two coats, and has none of that sheer, streaky-ness going on. It looks great with a tan, and is one for the girl who doesn't want to have nails that are too bight, but still wants some colour.

BIKINI SO TEENY | a.k.a. Summer holidays in a bottle. This colour is gorgeous and if I could constantly have it on my nails, I'd be happy with it! It's baby blue, with a hint of shimmer (and I mean the slightest hint) that I imagine would look flattering on all skin tones.

TOO TABOO | I had to include a good bright shade in the mix, this one is darker magneta shade that almost has a semi-matte finish when dried on the nails. One coat look goods, two coats looks even better. This is totally one for a party, or going out for a good cocktail with friends.

WICKED | If Bikini So Teeny is Summer, this one is most definitely Autumn/Winter. It's vampy, dark and totally chic on the nails. This gives that hint of dark burgundy but it works with whatever you might be wearing and is a total classic.

AFTER SCHOOL BOY BLAZER | Something a bit unexpected but a shade I think you all need is this dark navy. Another one for the colder months, this looks near black but in the daylight it is clearly a deep blue. It's not as harsh as wearing black, and it looks pretty amazing with a good glitter top coat in either gold or silver to make for a great party manicure.

I think with these six shades you are basically set for most occasions (I say most because obviously there are so many other beautiful shades of polishes that deserve love too!) But if you only want to buy a few, maybe this will inspire you to take a look at the Essie stand when you're out shopping next!

Do you have any of these shades? What would be your ultimate nail polish colour?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top