MAC | Heirloom Mix Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick - Review + Swatches

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC know how to do kick ass collections; from the Proenza Schouler Collection (here), the Osbournes Collection (here), each year they bring out dozens of beautifully packaged and limited edition collections that make any beauty lovers heart flutter. The 2014 Heirloom Mix Collection released for Christmas is just as incredible, and when I was in the States (see the haul here) I managed to resist buying the whole lot and settled on these three goodies from the collection.

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

As far as limited edition collections go, MAC knows how to create beautifully packaged products. This collection has a white and black glitter theme. The three items I got have the shiny black base that is packed with silver glitter making it perfect for a holiday collection. 

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - Objects of Affection Pink Pigments + Glitter - CassandraMyee

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - Objects of Affection Pink Pigments + Glitter - CassandraMyee

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - Objects of Affection Pink Pigments + Glitter - CassandraMyee

Objects Of Affection | Pink + Rose Pigments + Glitter // USD $35.00
I was already planning to purchase Tan pigment in the Sized To Go range, but when I saw this set, I just couldn't pass it buy. I've never used MAC pigments before and I thought that buying this set would be the perfect way to try out some different shades and finishes, without committing to one of the full sized pottles that I would never get through in a life time. The mini sizes are perfect and contain 2.5g of product, compared to the 4.5g in the normal sized pigments. 

There are four pigment shades, Whisper Pink, Tan, Rose and Heritage Rouge. These are all safe for use on the eyes, but they advise that the glitter, Reigning Riches, is not technically eye safe, but if you use a good adhesive, you could probably get away with it. The pigments themselves are as amazing as I had hoped, with rich colour pay off with incredible finishes. They are messy though, so it's best to use a brush with some makeup setting spray spritzed on it (I love using the very cheap, but great e.l.f. Makeup Mist + Set), then dipping it lightly into the pigment pottle, or just into the lid, and dabbing it onto the eyes. This set is still available online to purchase and is great value for money considering that the Sized To Go pigments are USD $10.00 each.

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - Rebel Lipstick - CassandraMyee

I knew that I needed Rebel in my life after hearing people raving about how much they loved this shade and now I can understand why. It was probably a little silly to pay the extra $1.50 for it to be in the special limited edition packaging, considering when you can get it for USD $16.00 in the normal lipstick line, but I'm a sucker for good packaging! Rebel has a satin finish, which is one of my favourites as it dries down slightly on the lips, but doesn't dry them out completely like a matte does and still leaves the lips looking plump and hydrated. The colour is stunning and is one everyone should have in their lipstick arsenal. Rebel is sold out from this collection, but there is still a few of the other shades available.

MAC // Heirloom Collection - Pigments, Blush + Lipstick | Review + Swatches - Sweet Sentiment Mineralize Blush - CassandraMyee

Heirloom Mix Mineralize Blush in Sweet Sentiment // USD $30.00
And finally, I couldn't not buy one of the gorgeous blushes from the collection. I opted for this shade, Sweet Sentiment as it is a perfect rosy pink shade that compliments any kind of makeup look I might be going for. You can go very light with it, or pack it on it you are that way inclined and I find this formula to be so smooth and silky looking on the skin. It has a subtle sort of sheen to it, not glitter, but it just aids in highlighting the cheeks naturally with the colour. It's a real beauty, and is still available online, so get your hands on it quick smart!

So can you tell I am slightly in love with this collection?! I think they released some beautiful shades and the pigment set is such amazing value for money, you all need to check it out! I know I'll be getting a heck of a lot of use out of these products, and it helps that the packaging is so gorgeous!

Did you get anything from the Heirloom Mix Collection? What would be your first pick?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest
back to top