LUST HAVE IT | Women's Beauty Box August + September '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

So you may [or may not] have noticed the very long time between my last Lust Have It post; I'm not sure what was going on but early last week I received the August* bag and then on Friday the September* bag turned up on my doorstep, a little bit later than expected, but still arrived none the less! I have decided to lump both month's together into one big giant unboxing and initial thoughts posts, so if you just want to see the latest September box, scroll down about halfway to find it. If you are unfamiliar with Lust Have It, they are an Australian beauty box company, that send out a bag full of beauty goodies each month for only AUD $19.95, and ship over to NZ too!

AUGUST | UNBOXING

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

When I got this in the mail, I couldn't wait to rip into it because the parcel was so heavy! It was seriously packed with products with five in total, four of them full sized. There was also a whole bunch of cards for various companies with lots of good discounts and offers, which is just a nice added bonus to all of the beauty bits.There isn't a lot in terms of makeup products, but the July box was majority makeup so this makes for a nice change to get some products for the skin and hair.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment // [RRP $24.95 (15ml)]
This is a full sized leave in treatment for your hair and it sound absolutely amazing! It says it will pretty much do it all, add shine, smooth, soften, strengthen, you name it - this product promises it. I don't use much in the terms of a hair treatment other than a heat protectant and some argan oil every now and then, so this one is going to be a welcomed addition.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Sasy n Savy Vitamin Enriched Facial Recovery Masque // [RRP $55.00 (100ml)]
I love a face mask, in terms of skincare items they are ones you can readily change up without it effecting your overall routine. I've never heard of the brand, but it is Australian made and this masque is aimed at normal to dry skin. It's also another full sized tube, so I'll be getting a lot of use out of this one.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Bioderma Crealine H20 // [RRP $29.99 (250ml)]
I was SO excited to see this super cute 20ml sample size of the famed Bioderma included in this bag. It is raved about constantly on blogs and Youtube, and as it has such a cult status I've been dying to try it. But I have seen a lot of reviews comparing this to the Garnier Miceller Water (which I absolutely love!) and it is supposed to be extremely similar, but the Bioderma is a lot more expensive! Basically if you are unfamiliar with the product it is a makeup remover, that literally feels like water on the face and you can also use it on the eyes too and is great for sensitive skin.

Marsk Eyeshadow Brush Pro-Line // [RRP $28.95]
The inclusion of a makeup brush is such a great idea and I can't wait to start using this. We received a Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in the July box and it was great quality and this brush feels the same. It will be great for packing colour on the lid, as it's soft but still quite dense and firm.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee


Essenzza Fuss Free Naturals Facial Cleansing Wipes + Bonus Pack // [RRP $6.95 for 25 wipes + RRP $2.50 for mini pack of 8]
I go through face wipes like crazy, whether I'm wiping swatches off my arms or having a lazy day, they are a staple in my bathroom cupboard. I was pretty pleased to see these in the bag, plus the mini sized will be perfect for chucking in your bag or taking travelling. There were three options available scent vise and these are Green Tea and Vitamin C. 

Initial impressions overall for the August box are excellent! I can't wait to start using the hair treatment and I love the feel of the Marsk brush, plus the little Bioderma sample won me over right away! The total value of the items is around $120 - so over $100 of what you pay, plus all the extra coupons and discounts that came included. Value wise, this has been one of the best ones so far! 

SEPTEMBER | UNBOXING

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Now onto the September box/bag (I always get confused as to what I should call it!) I think there was a bit of a delay getting this one out, because it is halfway through October now - but they all tend to be a month behind so I've gotten used to them not being in month. The one very annoying thing is that this one came with absolutely no product card or information with the prices, so I'll be doing some Googling to get all of those details. This bag came with five products, plus four sample sachets from Model Co and four out of the five products are full sized.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Model Co. Lip Lacquer Liquid Lipstick in Creme Brulee // [RRP $24.00 (3g)]
I've used a few other lip products from Model Co. before and they've all been pretty great. It looks as though they have repackaged; I love the box and the tube feels like great quality, it definitely looks much more expensive then what it is worth. I'm so happy with the colour I received and it is a gorgeous creamy, brown based nude; I can't wait to get this on my lips! As a bonus, there are also four sample sachets of some of their new skincare range, which I look forward to trying out.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Urban Skincare Co. Repair + Body Balm // [RRP $12.95 (35ml)]
This is a full sized moisturiser for the body aimed to help moisturiser those dry area. On initial impressions it smells amazing and I'm excited to try out this unfamiliar brand.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Uriage Surgras Liquide Cleansing Gel // [RRP $34.95 (400ml)]
This is a small 8ml sample of an 'extra-rich dermatological cleansing gel', obviously from a French skincare brand, so I presume it's going to be pretty good! It is designed for sensitive skin for the face and body, and although I don't have highly sensitive skin I'm always keen to try new cleansers.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Glam Manicure Express! 3 in 1 Nail Art Pen in Sparkling Silver // [RRP $9.99]
I can't say no to a bit of nail art action and these look pretty fun to play around with. It comes with a cuticle stick, 300 jewels, a nail art pen and 10 nail stencils. I'm not sure if I'll go with the stencils but the jewels and the pen will be fun to experiment with.

LUST HAVE IT // Women's Beauty Box August + September | Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

The Cosmetics Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter // [RRP $24.50 (6g)]
Now I had no idea what this was initially, but was pretty excited to see it is a creme highlighter, and full sized. The brand is obviously an indie makeup brand making natural cosmetics. On swatching this I was impressed, the rose-gold/bronze shade is absolutely stunning and I think this could make a pretty awesome cream shadow, as well as a highlighter.

The overall total of the September box is around $73, so not as great as August, but still good value for money. I'm not left disappointed by any of the products and I know I'll be getting use out of them all. If you are keen to get a Lust Have It subscription you can use the code CASSMYEE for $5 off your first box, it is a great service and it allows you try out a lot of different products you may not have bought or discovered otherwise.

Did you get the August or September box? What did you think of the products?

*Kindly sent to me by Lust Have It.


back to top