EMPTIES | September '14

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

I'm always surprised at the end of the month to see how many products I finished up. September had a truck load of empty things, mostly in the skincare region, but there was also some body and haircare products in the mix too. I am really making a conscious effort to use up products before I buy new ones, otherwise my bathroom cupboard ends up getting heavily stuffed!

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Johnson's Baby Shampoo
Now don't get the wrong idea here, I don't have a baby, unless you count my brushes as babies? This is my brush shampoo of choice and I've been through a number of these bottles. I find it is gentle on the bristles, but gets rid of all makeup residue and leaves them super soft once they have dried.

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Batiste Dry Shampoo A Hint of Colour for Medium & Brunette
Dry shampoo has got to be the best invention out there; and Batiste is my favourite brand, because I find it a lot cheaper than other brands and it works amazingly well. This was the first time I tried this one specifically for dark hair as I find with the original it can leave a slight grey cast if you use too much, but with this one deposits dark colour onto the hair. I'll definitely be buying more cans of this!

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser 
It's no secret I love this moisturiser, it even made the cut for Most Loved April. I've only just got around to using it up, because half the time I am very lazy when it comes to moisturising my body (but I'm trying to be more disciplined, espesh with Summer on its way!) This is so easy to use, just spray it on and rub it in. It sinks in quickly, is totally non-greasy and is great at moisturising the dry limbs. I'd definitely purchase this again.

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Garnier Refreshing Make-Up Remover Wipes for Normal to Combination Skin
These days I am very rarely using face wipes as I've discovered the amazing The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil (in my Most Loved post from yesterday), which does an amazing job at taking off makeup. But of course, I have those lazy moments, so I always have wipes on hand, and they also get used for wiping off swatches on the arm. These were nice wipes, but nothing amazing. They don't do the best job at eye makeup removing, but for the rest of the face they do the job before going in with cleansing etc. I probably won't buy these ones again - I am very fickle when it comes to face wipes!

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Skin Conditioner for Normal to Dry Skin
I got this big bottle from the Beauty Review Rewards Vault a few months ago (see it here) and got around to finishing it up this month. I love the concept of it, and not having to leave the shower to do the body moisturising is a total plus! It does a good job, but it is more of a light moisturiser and I think using you're standard body lotion would do a more effective job. For a quick moisturising job, I really like it and I'd definitely buy another bottle to have in the shower.

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Garnier Light Eye Roll-On
You've gotta admit that roller ball eye products feel absolutely amazing! I'm now using one from Linden Leaves and it is so soothing on tired eyes. This was the first of its kind I have tried and initially I really loved it; but as time got on the roller ball kept getting stick and it felt very scratchy around the eye area, so I had to stop using it. I wouldn't buy it again, although I did like the actual product, the packaging really let it down.

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Air Repair Super-Hydrating Eye Cream
This is the second tube of this eye cream that I've been through and I really like it. It feels light around the eyes and it helps to make my under eye concealer go on much easier and smoother than without it. Unfortunately I'm not sure there is anywhere to get this product in NZ (I got this through Sample Bar, months and months ago), so I'm now on the market for a new eye cream, any suggestions?

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Linden Leaves Porcelain Brightening Serum*
I'll make this one quick - I love this stuff, I'm already onto my second bottle, and I'll be buying it once it runs out. You can read my full review on this serum here.

EMPTIES // September '14 - CassandraMyee

Garnier Dark Spot Corrector Daily Illuminating Moisturiser
So it seems there was a lot of Garnier products being used up this month! This last one was a bit ho-hum for me, I find it to be a nice daily moisturiser but as far as dark spot correcting and illuminating, I didn't notice a difference. I think the problem was I wasn't using it frequently, instead just using it here and there, but I probably wouldn't buy it again (plus I have a heap of other face creams to get through!)

I'd love to know if you have used any of these products and whether you'd repurchase them, or leave them in the trash!

*Product sent to me.
back to top