MOST LOVED | September '14

MOST LOVED // September '14 - CassandraMyee



I can't quite believe that it is now the end of September, Spring is here and the Christmas decorations are already out in the shops... where has this year gone?! September really flew by in a blur, but there was some a few things I was loving during the past month, so let's crack on!
BEAUTY

MOST LOVED // September '14 - Garnier 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector - CassandraMyee
Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur Smoothing Base Perfector
I've been out of the Benefit Porefessional for a while now and haven't got around to doing a Benefit order, but at the moment there seems to be big boom in these skin blurring primers with so many brand offering this sort of thing; The Body Shop, Maybelline, L'Oreal to name a few. I've been using this particular one from Garnier for the past two months, and not only is it a fraction of the cost of the Porefessional I think I actually prefer it! It has thicker consistency, which really makes it feel like my pores are getting filled (that sounds so gross...), it feels amazing on the skin, sits well under foundation and definitely creates that blurring effect. It's been an all round winner for me, plus it doesn't break the bank!

MOST LOVED // September '14 - Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, NYX Lip Liner in Nude Pink, Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 107 - CassandraMyee

MOST LOVED // September '14 - Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, NYX Lip Liner in Nude Pink, Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 107 - CassandraMyee
Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in  Berry Soft
There has been a lot of lip loves this month, the first one is from the US range of Baby Lips, which I ordered from Drugstore.com in this haul here. It is part of the Dr. Rescue line and is menthol based (which you can definitely smell!) Not only is this super moisturising and healing on the lips, you get a really nice sheer colour - perfect for the no-fuss makeup days.

NYX Lip Liner in Nude Pink
If you had told me I'd be loving lip liner this month, I would have never believed you. I own a few lip liners but have never really got into using them, until this month when I had a bit of eureka moment at how great they are. Particularly I've been loving this shade from NYX which is just your standard nude pink shade that works with all of the lipsticks that I love. I'm loving the definition they give to the lips, plus they make your lipstick last so much longer - I can see a bit of an obsession happening here...

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 107
I did a recent order from ASOS while they were having a 25% off sale, so I finally got around to ordering the much famed Rimmel 107 Lipstick. This isn't a colour I would graviate towards, I usually stick with the safe nude pinks, but I adore this shade and I find it looks extremely flattering. It's a good in-between of a dark red and a berry shade, the matte formula means it lasts for ages and doesn't feel drying on the lips.

MOST LOVED // September '14 - Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder - CassandraMyee
Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
Hoola is a bit of cult classic, so many people absolutely love it and I feel I was a bit late jumping on this bandwagon! It's matte, it's not orange, and it works great as a contour shade as well as an all over bronze if you want. It ticks all the right boxes, and this little mini size is lasting me a really long time! I'll definitely be buying the full sized box to have on hand though.

MOST LOVED // September '14 - The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil - CassandraMyee

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil
This has been one of the best additions I have made into my nightly skincare routine in a long while. I've heard many good things about it, and rightly so! Basically you take a pump of this, rub it onto a dry made-up face, massage it in, and then add a bit of water so it emulsifies and then wipe away with a cloth. It breaks up every bit of makeup on my face (although not eye makeup; I use a separate remover for that) and it's the first step I take in my cleansing routine. It is much better for your skin then using face wipes, and although I've been using it this whole month I've barely made a dent in the bottle!

MUSIC

MOST LOVED // September '14 - Music - CassandraMyee

Maroon 5 - V [Deluxe]
Maroon 5 are one of my favourite bands out there (second to Muse, who are my all-time fave); I have every album and their brand new offering V is awesome. It is much more pop-y then previous albums, but still great none the less, and you can't deny that Adam Levine has a phenomenal voice. I love Feelings, It Was Always You, Sugar and Coming Back For You.

Ariana Grande - My Everything [Deluxe]
I can't believe this has become one of my most loved this month - it is a total guilty pleasure (and one that I hate to admit!). Initially I really didn't like Ariana, but ever since Problem and Break Free, I kinda love her music! This album is really good; it's pop, but also heavily R&B and has one of my favourite rappers, Chilidish Gambino featured on one of the tracks. Favourite tracks include, Break Your Heart Right Back, Love Me Harder, You Don't Know Me and Hands On Me.

Pentatonix - PTX, Vol. III
Pentatonix are back with yet another amazing EP. It has a good mix of covers and original songs, and is insanely catchy and so fun to sing along to. Must listens are La La Latch, See Through and On My Way Home.

Let me know what things you have been loving this month, whether it's beauty, TV, music or books, I wanna know!

back to top