RIMMEL | Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara in 001 Black - Review

RIMMEL // Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara in 001 Black | Review - CassandraMyee

I adore mascaras; I love trying out new ones and I love ones that do as they promise on the packaging. I've been using this Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara on and off over the past few months, initially I didn't have a lot of hope for it but it has thoroughly impressed and surprised me!

RIMMEL // Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara in 001 Black | Review - CassandraMyee

RIMMEL // Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara in 001 Black | Review - CassandraMyee

So what is so good about it? It coats my lashes thick and black in a couple of swipes, can be built up with very minimal clumping and definitely adds volume to the lashes. The brush on this thing is massive and that is why initially I thought that it was just going to end in clumped up, gloopy lashes but there is something about the bristles that really grabs onto the lashes and separates them out. I think because it has long tapered bristles it means you can really coat the entire lash and get right in close to the inner corner. The big wand does have its downsides and doesn't do the best of jobs on my much shorter and sparser lower lashes. But for the main top lash line this mascara is definitely a keeper! It also sticks around without flaking, and is easy to wash off at the end of the night.

You can find Rimmel at Farmers and other stores in NZ, or you can buy it off ASOS here for approx. NZ $15.50. I want to try out a few more of the Rimmel mascaras, so if you have used any that you liked let me know in the comments!

back to top