NARS | Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches

NARS // Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - cassandramyee

Lately I've become a palette obsessed maniac and am having a bout of the 'gotta catch 'em all' type mentality. There is something about a beautiful selection of eye shadow shades all encased in gorgeous packaging that just gets my beauty lovin' heart beating and are products I can't resist. In a recent order from Beauty.com I was in this state of mind; I saw this NARS palette and it was instantly added to my cart. Excitement levels were at an all time high because this was to be the very first NARS product to make it into my makeup collection!

NARS // Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - cassandramyee

NARS // Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - cassandramyee

Let's be honest here, what is not to love about NARS; it is sleek, simplistic and there is something about the monochromatic packaging that is just so darn cool. Their blush names are cheeky (i.e. Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Deep Throat... you get my drift!) and the overall quality of their products seem tip-top and I am constantly reading or watching people rave about them.

It has only been over the past year that I have really began spending my money on more high-end makeup products. The majority of my stash is from 'drugstore' brands, and don't get my wrong I absolutely love them and think you can get some blimin' amazing products for super cheap, but there is something about having a few high-end products that just feels luxurious and like a real treat. Having this NARS one in my stash is exactly one of those things.

NARS // Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - cassandramyee

The Fairy's Kiss palette holds six shades with two mattes and the other four are shimmery/glittery shades, all in the pinky/plum family. On initial swatching the pigmentation wasn't as amazing as I was expecting, but once you use them on the eyes, the colours are easy to work with, building up well and blending out easily. Using these wet (I just spritz a bit of my e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist + Set on the brush) only makes them more intense, which really helps to show up the beauty of the shades. You can't doubt the quality of these and they last all day (and night, if you need them too).

NARS // Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - cassandramyee

NARS // Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette | Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The shimmery shades are definitely more intense than the mattes, with the least pigmented being Brumes. The shimmers steal the show completely with Kalahari and Brousse being my absolute favourites from the bunch. All the colours compliment one another beautifully and using these makes for a nice change from the usual bronzey browns I tend to go for.

I've gotta be honest though, as much as I love this palette, at USD $45.00 I feel you'd be best investing your money in either of the LORAC palettes as I feel the pigmentation, and number of shadows you get for your money is far greater than the six you get in this NARS palette. But if you're a bit makeup obsessed like me, this is a beautiful one to have in the collection. I bought this from Beauty.com and if you are in NZ you can use Youshop on this site - it works really well and it is definitely one of my new favourite places to shop online!

Have you used NARS eye shadows before? Do you have any favourite shades from the line?
back to top