VIOLET BOX NZ | June '14 - End of Month Review

VIOLET BOX // June '14 End of Month Review - CassandraMyee






The July Violet Box just got delivered by the courier, so it only means one thing - an end of month review of the June box! I swear I only got this like a week ago and the past four weeks have really flown by but I have used all of the products [bar one, apologies]. If you are new here, Violet Box is a monthly subscription where you pay $25 plus $4.50 for postage and get a box with samples, and often full sized products to try out. The June box had a total value of about $92, and overall the products were pretty good!

PRODUCT 001. Goldwell StyleSign Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum for Straight Hair // [Full Size RRP $26.95 (100ml)]
My hair is naturally really straight, so most of the time I curl my hair but on the days when I don't want to fuss too much with my hair I'll run the straighteners through to smooth everything out. You spray this on dry hair before straightening and it's a really fine mist, dries quickly into the hair and just helps to keep everything super sleek and frizz free. 

THE VERDICT | I'd look into buying the full sized of this, but currently the Tresemme one does the job perfectly well and it is a lot cheaper! 

PRODUCT 002. Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow in Medium [Full Size RRP $54.95 (150ml)]
Sorry guys but I didn't end up trying this because it's winter and my whole body is covered up most of the time so I'm saving it for the warmer months to try out.

PRODUCT 003. Chella Luscious Light Brown Eyebrow Color // [RRP $22.00]
I was excited to see a brow product included in this box, as I am brow obsessed at the moment! This made for a really lovely brow pencil, the nib is very very small so you can create a natural brow, or something more fuller. The colour was a pretty good match too, a touch to red but was nothing I couldn't work with.

THE VERDICT | Really liked this and would consider buying it again, but I am currently on a quest to try lots of different brow products.

PRODUCT 004. John Plunkett Cosmeceuticals Essentials Anti-Aging Super Wrinkle Cream // [Full Size RRP $29.95 (50ml)]
Initially I thought that I wasn't going to get a lot of use out of this but it turned out to be really nice! I've been noticing my skin has been a little drier in places and the moisturisers I use are aimed at oily skin, so about 2 or 3 times a week I've been using this. It is aimed as an intensive night cream for dry skin, so it is on the thicker side but I find it sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't feel greasy. In the morning by skin feels very soft and just generally looks a lot healthier. For my skin I couldn't use this every single night but if you have very dry skin this would be perfect for you. 

THE VERDICT | A really nice night cream but I wouldn't buy the full sized purely because my skin doesn't need such an intensive moisturiser all the time. 

PRODUCT 005. John Plunkett Essentials Glyco Peel Night-time Exfoliator // [RRP $29.95 (15ml)]
Now this was one I was very intrigued to try out as I've not used chemical exfoliators before. After cleansing, I've been using this every two days and I think it has been working pretty well. It feels like a liquidy gel and you only need a small amount to rub onto the face, but do not get it near the eyes or the mouth as it stings slash tastes like chemicals! I did find it felt like it was burning a bit in one spot on my face where it was a little drier, but other than that it was fine. You leave it until it soaks into the skin and then go in with your serums and moisturisers.

THE VERDICT | I'll definitely continue using this as I think it does a much better job than regular exfoliators, but I won't be needing to purchase it for a while as I got another full sized tube in the June Lust Have It box!

PRODUCT 006. Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Shadow Quad in Madrid // [RRP $22.50]
You can see the swatches of this eye shadow quad here and I was very glad that I got this colour combo and not the blue one as I don't think I would have got much use out of it! First off the packaging is really cheap and mine arrived broken, but luckily the eye shadows were still in tact. The shadows are a little dry, but the pigmentation isn't terrible and they apply quite nice the lid and last all day.

THE VERDICT | I don't think I'll get a lot more use out of it as I have many other shadows that are amazing quality that I will use over this.

So overall there were some good products and a couple averages ones but nothing terrible! And I think it was great value for the price I paid for the box.

Did you get the June box? What was your favourite product from the six?
back to top