STILA COSMETICS | In The Moment Eyeshadow Palette - Swatches + Review


Now first off I have to give a thanks to my sister Emily, who gave me this palette for my birthday in April - she definitely knows me well! I have the beautiful (but battered) In The Light palette [which you can see the review with swatches right here]; the shadows are incredible quality and I knew that this one would be no different.




I really like the packaging of these Stila palettes; they are simple and non-fussy and I was very relieved to see this had no mirror in the actual palette as my In The Light got a bit ruined when it was getting shipped from Beauty Bay due to a broken mirror (see post linked above for the whole saga). The In The... palette collection includes four different varieties and the other two; In The Garden and In The Know (all matte shades) are next on my wishlist.


Included with the palette is a little book which gives you an idea of some combination of different shadows to create various looks. This is perfect for getting some inspiration and it is a good introduction to the palette.


In The Moment is almost a perfect palette in my eyes; I think all it is missing is a few basic matte shades, but I just pair it with the Urban Decay Naked Basics and we have a seriously winning combination. There are ten eye shadows, including one matte shade and the rest with a varying degree of shimmery finishes. The thing I most like about this palette is the fact that the top row is more purple tones, where as the bottom is more golds and bronze, yet they compliment each other beautifully. You almost have two separate palettes between the top and bottom row, which gives it a lot more versatility then a standard neutral palette (which I love, don't get me wrong!) Sometimes it is nice to inject a bit more colour into your everyday makeup and this palette has inspired me to get a bit more creative.

As with the other Stila eye shadows I have talked about on CM previously; the quality is amazing. They're buttery smooth, blend out well and I experience no creasing at all with them. There is a bit of fall-out in the pan from the more heavier shimmer shades but it is nothing that really bothers me, as most shimmers have some sort of fall-out anyway.


Top Row | Purples
I'll included the shade descriptions from Beauty Bay but will expand on them too.
Instinct - Light cream with a shimmery finish. This makes such an amazing highlight colour.
Impulse - Shimmering light lavender. This would also make a beautiful highlight colour if you were going all purples on the eyes.
Glance - Deep purple infused with shimmer. This is more on the matte side of things but has a light shimmer through it.
Improvise - Deep purple with mauve undertones. I love this shade to really darken up any eye look, it is a more matte base like Glance but has pink and silver micro glitter running through it.
Catalyst - Classic black with shimmer finish. This is very similar to a shade in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, Blackheart, but I wouldn't say it is as pigmented. It is again a matte black base shadow but is packed with a lot of pink glitter.


Bottom Row | Neutrals + Bronzes
Desire - Matte cream. This is the one matte shade from the lot and is a great basic pink toned cream; it makes a good base or as a matte highlight colour.
Wonder - Shimmering pale copper. I think in the pan this looks a lot more copper but once swatched and on the eye it is a dusky pink shade, totally gorgeous.
Spontaneous - Shimmery pale gold. I have so much love for this shade, it is like the gold cousin to Kitten, which is a stunning eye shadow.
Whim - Brown infused with copper shimmer. If you want a brown for the crease in this palette, this is the one to go for as it isn't too shimmery, but has more of an iridescent sheen.
Captivate - Classic purple with brown undertones. This is quite similar to Catalyst but is definitely more purple and has more of a shimmer to it.


Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra
These eye liners from Stila are seriously amazing. They glide on like butter and pack intense colour pay-off in one swipe. This shade is an exclusive one to the palette and a welcomed addition; it is a deep purple with pink and purple glitter in it. These liners set down super quick but when you initially apply them you can really smudge them out if you want to, but work quickly! They last all day and I find there is no transfer at all with these ones.

These Stila palettes are the bomb dot com and I'd recommend them to anyone! The best place to buy them is via. Beauty Bay as they have free worldwide shipping and the prices are amazing. You can find this one for AUD $43.30, around NZD $46, or if you are in NZ and desperate to get your hands on it right away you can buy them at Mecca Cosmetica for NZD $81.00.

Do you have any of the In The... palettes and if so, what one is your favourite?

Don't forget to enter my international giveaway!
back to top