VIOLET BOX NZ | July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Sunday's are always reserved for The Weekly Post Collective (which will be posted later) but I just couldn't wait to write this post! Yesterday I did an end of month review for the June box which was an all-round good one, but I think I can predict that this one is going to be pretty stand out! Violet Box is a monthly subscription service for NZ and Australia too, where you pay $25 a month, plus $4.50 postage.

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Last month the box arrived without its own special box and I had heard that they were re-doing the boxes. You can see what the older box style looked like in this post here, and I've gotta say I really love the new packaging! The cardboard outer feels very sturdy and the black pulls out to reveal the the contents. It looks and feels a lot more luxurious and I think there is a bit more room so they can fit in larger products if needed.

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

Technically there are 7 products in this box, and that includes three full sized products, all of which are make up items, so I'm happy with that one!

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

PRODUCT 001. Appelles Apothecary & Lab Blackseed Shampoo + Tamanu Conditioner // [Full Size RRP $18.95 (150ml) or $44.95 (500ml)]
These are two 60ml sample bottles of shampoo and conditioner from Appelles which is an Australian brand that I've never heard of! I really like the design of the bottles and the overall look and I really look forward to using these. They seems to be made of natural ingredients that are certified organic and are for all hair types.

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

PRODUCT 002. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil // [RRP $22.00]
We received a Chella brow product in last month's box and the sneak peek product for this month's box was this highlighting pencil by the same brand. I really enjoyed the brow pencil and this looks like it is going to be great! The formula seems very creamy and it blends out well and I can imagine this would make a great brow highlight as well as a base all over the lid before eye shadow. It also says it can be used for dark circles, blemishes and red spots - it's a bit of an all-in-one and might be perfect for the handbag!

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

PRODUCT 003.  Skin & Co. Roma Truffle Therapy Serum // [Full Size RRP $75.00 (30ml)]
When a product says 'Made in Italy' and 'truffle' you would hope it is going to be one darn good skincare item! It is from a brand I've not heard of before, but am very excited to try this 5ml sample (very generous considering the price!) It says to use this after cleansing and before moisturising (standard) and it says it should increase skin hydration and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

PRODUCT 004. Sukin Skin Purifying Facial Mask // [Full Size RRP $15.00 (100ml)]
I've tried a couple things from this brand and really enjoyed them and I love a good face mask! The box contains two 8ml samples and it says it is a clay mask with kaolin and bentonite which is infused with aloe vera, rose hip and jojoba oil (sounds like all good things to me!) It promises to draw out the dirt and grime from deep within the pores and that is definitely something I look for in a face mask!

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

PRODUCT 005. LAQA&Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil // [RRP $20.00]
When I opened the box this was the first product that caught my eye right away! I love when there are make up products to try because generally they are from brands I've never heard of, like this one! I googled the brand and they are New York based but they ship worldwide and it looks like they do some really great products. These lip lubes (love the name) are basically along the lines of the Clinique Chubby Sticks/Revlon Balm Stains, and it even has that same minty scent like the Revlon ones. Annoyingly it came in no box, and there is no shade name on the stick but I'm pretty sure it is Beezlebub (according to the website), but overall I am really happy with the shade I got.

VIOLET BOX NZ // July '14 - Unboxing + Initial Thoughts - CassandraMyee

PRODUCT 006. So Susan Flutter Mascara // [RRP $32.00]
And the final product is another full sized make up item that is worth more than what I actually paid for the box! So Susan is a brand I have used one other item from, which I've already written a review of, it is just sitting in my drafts so I'm sure you will see it soon! I love testing mascara so I can't wait to get this one on my lashes. It promises to make them 'the darkest, curviest lashes' and the bristles should 'help to separate lashes while enabling you to achieve voluminous, multi-dimensional lashes in just one coat'. These are some big claims so I'll be giving this a good run for its money! Plus it's also pretty expensive as mascaras go, so we shall see...

Overall I am very excited with the products in this box and they are all items I know I will get a lot of use from! The three full sized makeup products really make this box worth it and the total value of all the items comes in at around $105! This looks like it will be my favourite box out of all the ones I have received and a good one to finish on as I have decided to stop my subscription of VB to try out a couple of other ones out there. But I'll probably come back to this one! Don't fret as I will have an end of month review once I have given these products a good testing over the next four weeks.

Did you get the July Violet Box? What products were you most excited to see included?
back to top