MAC COSMETICS | Kelly + Sharon Osbourne Collection - Review + Swatches

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - cassandramyee

So it seems like MAC have been churning out the limited editions collections over the past few months, and it is safe to say they have got me sucked right in. My MAC obsession is in full force right now and I find it hard to tear myself away from the website (and to not spend all of my money).  I am not a huge fan of the Osbournes, although I do love Kelly on Fashion Police, but when I saw what this collection looked like I knew I was going to need to buy at least one thing. I felt quite restrained when the collection was released in the US and only added three items to my cart and got them to me via. YouShop.

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - cassandramyee

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - cassandramyee

I will admit I was sucked right in by the packaging; matte lavender for Kelly and bright patent red for Sharon, each with their signature scribbled over top. The overall collection is packed with product, with brushes, eyeshadow quads, lip pencils, glosses, lipsticks and beautiful mineralize skinfinishes, just to name a few. I went with the powder blushes from both Kelly and Sharon and one of the amazing Kelly Lipsticks.

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Sharon Peaches & Cream Powder Blush - cassandramyee

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Sharon Peaches & Cream Powder Blush - cassandramyee

SHARON POWDER BLUSH IN PEACHES & CREAM // USD $23.00
On MAC this is described as a mid-tone peach/mid-tone rose, but I definitely class it under more of a rose tone pink. It is a satin finish and it does have a subtle shimmer through it, although I find it doesn't transfer much to the cheeks. As with other MAC blushes, the quality is as amazing as you would expect - not too pigmented, but easily buildable and they blend out like a dream.

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Kelly Cheeky Bugger Powder Blush - cassandramyee

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Kelly Cheeky Bugger Powder Blush - cassandramyee

KELLY POWDER BLUSH IN CHEEKY BUGGER // USD $23.00
I absolutely love the name of this blush and it fits so well with the Osbourne clan. On initial opening of this blush, I wasn't sure how well this lighter pastel pink was going to translate onto the skin, but it really does show up and it is the perfect blush to accompany any sort of eye or lip colour combo. It is again a satin finish and blends beautifully.

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Powder Blush - cassandramyee

As you can see with the blushes side by side, the Sharon offering is a lot darker than Kelly's, but both are totally gorgeous. I have been alternating each day wearing these as I love both shades equally (as evident in my Most Loved June '14).

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Kelly Yum-Yum Lipstick - cassandramyee

MAC COSMETICS // Osbourne Collection - Kelly Yum-Yum Lipstick - cassandramyee

KELLY LIPSTICK IN KELLY YUM-YUM (Satin Finish) // USD $17.50
I suspect that the four Kelly lipsticks would have been the first things to sell out on the MAC website, and I am not surprised. I knew I had to get this super vibrant blue-based hot pink, based on the famed Candy Yum-Yum (Shaaanxo has a great post comparing the two here). This is unlike any other lipsticks I own, it is SO bright and I love it. The satin finish glides onto the lips easily, it is very pigmented and the colour really sticks around due to the semi-matte finish. I find this also leaves a stain on the lips, so even after the bulk of the lippy has rubbed off you are still left with a hot pink stained pout.

Shannon has another great post giving a run down and swatches of a few more of the products from this collection, including the prices they will be in NZ MAC stores. Most of the collection is sold out on the MAC US website, but there are a few things still available. I used YouShop, which I have talked about before and it is what I use to get me my MAC goodies to NZ. I ordered these 3 items and another item (review coming soon!) and it only cost me $22 NZD shipping from the YouShop warehouse in America. It is a great way to buy MAC as the prices are so cheap compared to here in NZ.

BUT for us NZ guys and gals, this collection will be released on selected MAC counters on the 4th of August, with the lipsticks at $44 and the powder blushes at $52.

Did you get any of the items from this collection? Or is there any you have your eye on?

Comments

back to top