EMPTIES | June '14

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

To finish up my monthly wrap up for June, here are all the products that I emptied out in June. The majority of it is skincare as I seem to churn through that stuff and only a couple makeup items, but seeing as I mostly talk makeup and nails on CM, it is nice to chat skincare for a change! Also note, most of these products have been used over a course of months, not just in June; that'd just be bonkers to get through all this in 30 days!

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

001. Beauty Formulas Cucumber & Avocado Facial Scrub
What I want from a scrub is something that is full of exfoliating bits to really scrub my skin with, but this scrub lacked in that department. Although it felt soothing, it was very gentle and did not have a lot of scrub action going on - perfect if you are after a lighter exfoliatient. The scent was nice, but I don't think I will be buying this particular one again.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

002. Maybelline Clean Express Total Clean! Express Eye & Lip Makeup Remover
This seems to be a common attendee to the Empties each month as it is my eye makeup remover choice and it does the job so well! I've talked about it time and again; it's a two part solution that when mixed removes even the most stubborn of mascara (Benefit They're Real, I'm looking at you...), doesn't leave any weird oily residue and it does not sting the eyes one bit. It ticks every box and I have this on constant back up in my bathroom cupboard.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

003. Natio Eye Contour Wrinkle Cream -  Evening Treatment
I've been using this tube for a good 5 or 6 months now, as you really only need a small amount so that lasting time, compared to the price it amazing. It was a really nice cream, not too heavy and kept the under-eye well moisturised and I would likely buy this again after I get through another one I am using.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

004. The Body Shop Pore Perfector
Anything that says it will correct pores I am willing to try, mine are large and just plain annoying, even though I feel like I take good care of my skin. I think this was around $30+ and I can't say I noticed much difference at all after using this. This small tube also ran out in around 2 weeks with me using it each morning before moisturising, so I'm not sure whether I would try it again, as I think it is quite a lot of money for something that got used up very quickly.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

005. Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Soothing Lotion
I am a big fan of the Garnier moisturisers and would definitely buy this again if I didn't have a dozen more moisturisers on the go! It is relatively thick cream, but it sinks into the skin fast and feels incredibly moisturising.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

006. Olay Regenerist Skin Renewal Cleanser
When I brought my Olay Regenerist Cleansing System from Farmer, this full sized cleanser was a freebie with it. I have done a full review on the system and also given my thoughts on this cleanser right here but overall I really liked this and the tiny micro beads felt like I was cleaning my skin thoroughly especially paired with the cleansing brush. I would repurchase this again.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

007. Swisspers Cleansing Eye Make-up Remover Pads
I got these in one of the last ever Sample Box before it closed down and really did not like them and they ended up only being used to wipe swatches off my hands and arms after I had taken blog photos, and even then I didn't think they did the best job. I liked the idea and they could be good for travel but the pads were too dry, didn't have enough remover liquid on them, so they were pretty hopeless at getting any mascara off your lashes. Even if they are quite cheap, I think around $5, save the money and go buy a coffee instead.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

008. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer
I've blogged about this mini sized primer, as it was included in the Beauty Blogger Darlings Set and I used up the last bit of it during June. It is an awesome primer; it feels very similar to Benefit Porefessional, perhaps a touch thicker in consistency, but it really does help to smooth the skin and reduce pore sizes. I think I might possibly prefer this over Porefessional, but I need to get the full sized of this and give it a good run for its money. This sample sized lasted a really long time as you really only need the tiniest amount.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

009. Pretty Perfect  Twist and Out Instant Nail Polish Remover
I went to go and use this the other day to find it has totally dried up on me and to be fair it was looking a little gross inside so it was about time it got the chuck. This was $5 from Postie and it was the second one I had used. Basically you just pop your finger into the sponge and give it a good wiggle around to remove the polish off your nails. It works well on normal cream nail polish, but glitters can be a bit of a nightmare in this thing, but despite that I'll definitely be getting another one of these.

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

010. The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Lotion
It is when you go without something for a couple of weeks, do you realise how much you miss it and that was definitely the case with this night cream. I'd finished a bottle of this a few months ago and decided to try and use up some other night creams I had but they just weren't cutting it for me, so I had to go back to this old faithful. The Tea Tree range is AMAZING and if you have blemished or oily skin, I urge you to give it a go because it really turned my skin around from where it was a year ago. This lotion works to fade scarring, which it definitely has, as well as treating blemishes too. I've already cracked into another bottle of this and will continue to do so!

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

011. Neutrogena Hand Cream
I consistently have one of these mini bottle of hand cream either beside my bed or on my desk for when I need some serious hydration for the skin. Not only do I use this on my hands but I find it works great for dry patches on the feet and is great to put on overnight. It is quite a thick formula and you literally only need a dab of this to moisturise the hands. These are the perfect sized bottles for travelling as well and I think they are only around $2!

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

012. Vaselline Total Moisture Dry Skin
It seems I was using a lot of moisturisers this month, and to be fair it is winter and that is when my skin tends to get very dry and needs a bit more love than usual. This was a good moisturiser, much lighter than the Garnier one and it sinks into the skin very quickly, so I like to use this one on my legs specifically. I'd definitely buy this one again as it did the job perfectly fine!

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

013. Swisspers Spa Facial Cleansing Wipes
Of course some brand of face wipes had to feature in the empties for June! I use face wipes at night to take off the bulk of my face makeup before going in with the full skincare routine of cleansing, toning, serums, moisturising etc etc and rarely use them just on there own. These do the job well and don't over dry the skin plus they are pretty cheap!

NOTHING LEFT IN THERE // Empties June '14 - cassandramyee

014. e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set
Last, but not least, is yet another empty bottle of the e.l.f. makeup setting spray. I just love this stuff; it feels refreshing, it settles powder into the face, incase you have over done it a bit and I do think it helps in keeping your makeup looking fresher for longer than usual. I can't go a day without a couple spritz of this on the face and will continue to repurchase it!

So it would seem I threw out a lot of empty products in June! I am definitely trying to be a bit more proactive in using up products that have been sitting around in the cupboards for a while and only repurchasing the things I really love slash need in my skincare and makeup routine. If you have used any of these products, let me know your thoughts on them and whether you will be repurchasing them.

Comments

back to top