BEAUTY JOINT | Haul #004 + First Impressions [Feat. e.l.f., NYX + Jordana]


Beauty Joint is easily one of my favourite places for 'drugstore' makeup shopping, it stocks all the cheap brands like NYX, e.l.f., Jordana, Wet N Wild, Milani etc, as well as Lime Crime, Revlon and Maybelline (among others!) It is a great place for us NZ gals to get all the good cheap American brands, unavailable to us here. There are a few Beauty Joint hauls on my blog (here, here + here for the latest one) and lately I have actually been ordering through their eBay store, which results in slightly cheaper shipping than buying through the website, and also the option to use PayPal. This time around I ordered quite a a few things, but it was all so cheap I could not resist!


001. e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls // USD $3.99
These have been on my radar for a while now, I decided to go for the pearl one as these are my favourite types of highlighters. I've used it a couple of times since I got it, but find it to be a little powdery and the glitter is a little chunky, so you only need a small amount or else it just gets a bit to glittery for my liking.


002. e.l.f. Dual Pencil Sharpener // USD $1.99
I couldn't find my sharpener and just decided to order these e.l.f. ones as they were super cheap and it comes with a plastic top so it catches on all the sharpening. It also has a little plastic pin thing which you can use to get out any eyeliner pencil that gets stick in the razor bit - a ingenious addition I thought, as I hate when the product gets all jammed in sharpener and gets all messy.


003. e.l.f. Studio Stripple Brush // USD $3.99
I've already featured this brush in my Most Loved May '14 and it is the perfect companion to cream blushes. The duo fibre means the white bristles picks up the products and then the black bristles help to blend it out onto the cheeks. These e.l.f. Studio brushes are really great and high quality, they don't shed and they wash up good as new.

004. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Lifter & Filler in Ivory/Light // USD $3.99
I am so into brows at the moment, and I am loving trying out different brow products. This pencil looked really intriguing as it has the filler colour on one end and a concealer on the other to 'lift' and clean up the edges for some fierce brows. The pencil is quite pigmented so you only need to use a light hand, it is also really waxy so stays put all day long. The concealer end is good too and it blends out well to sharpened up the edges of the brows. This is the lightest shade and think it would be pretty darker for blonde haired gals, so keep that in mind.

005. NYX Powder Blush in Rose Garden // USD $5.00
I own one NYX blush in the shade Mocha and really like it, so wanted to order a couple more. There are so many to choose from, it is a little daunting! This one is in the shade Rose Garden and it is a very glittery light pink blush. The website definitely didn't show the colour as it truly was, but I'm ok with a bit of glitter in my blush every now and then.

006. NYX Powder Blush in Pinky // USD $5.00
The second blush I ordered (and a new favourite) is Pinky: it is totally matte and is almost like the matte version of Rose Garden just a touch darker in pink tone. These have good pigmentation, aren't powdery and last well on the skin.

007. + 008. NYX Slim Pencil in Nude Pink + Sand Pink // USD $3.50
I don't own a single lip liner and thought I should grab a couple to try out and see how I go with them. The NYX offerings are great and come in so many shades; I went with ones closest to colours I usually wear. Nude Pink is browny toned pink and Sand Pink is a nice bright Barbie style pink. They are a pencil format so do need to be sharpened (lucky I brought one!) and they feel quite stiff but still glide on easily.

009. Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Baby Berry // USD $2.29
I also noticed the Jordana offering of lip liners and it was so cheap I had to get one to try out. This one is a twist up, retractable pencil making it very easy to use and is a deeper berry pink shade that is very creamy.

010. Jordana Long Lip Pencil in Rose // On sale USD $0.69 [was $1.49]
On the other hand, this lip pencil (which is super long I must add) I now understand why it was cheap and on sale because it is pretty rubbish. The colour looked really nice but it is so hard, it literally feels like a colouring pencil and you have to really push for any colour pay off - this one might be going straight to the bin unfortunately.


011. e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner // $10 at Kmart
I didn't technically buy this on Beauty Joint, but you could get it off there, I actually got it at Kmart here in NZ and just thought I would throw it into the haul. I've been wanting a brush spot cleaner for while and saw the e.l.f. one and had to get it. It is in a spray form and as you can see the bottle is identical to the Makeup Mist & Set and for fears of using the wrong one to spritz my face everyday, I had to add a bit of bright tape to the brush cleaner so I knew what was what!

I seriously suggest buying off Beauty Joint if you are into these brands; the shipping is based on weight and can be anywhere between $8-$20 depending on how much you order. For this particular order via. eBay I paid $12.00 and it arrived in a week exactly.

Any must haves, or product gems you have discovered on Beauty Joint that I should keep an eye out for? I am always up for trying out new products! 

Comments

back to top