NOTD | Barbie Pink + Dots feat. Essie + OPI


I went for something a little different on the nails and experimented with a some dotting techniques. I'd seen Lily Pebbles nails once and she had one small dot right in the centre at the base of each nail in a metallic polish. The effect was very chic and just gave something a little extra to what I normally wear on my nails.




I started off with Essie's Tour De Finance on all the nails, bar my ring finger nails. For that I used OPI's Liquid Sand in Solitaire, this just adds that feature nail and also some contrasting texture with the sandy like quality that the Liquid Sand gives. I then used a medium sized dotting tool (read more about where to find these cheap nail art tools here) and took a dab of Solitaire and carefully placed it at the base of each nails. I needed to go over it twice to make sure it was fully opaque. It definitely took a bit of a steady hand and some much needed practice - this is about as technical as my nail art is at the moment!

This could be done with heaps of different colour combinations - black and white would look very classic, or using a navy and silver would look great too - the options are really endless!


What are your thoughts on my attempted nail art? Just something a little different from what I usually sport on the nails!

Comments

back to top