SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | January '14 Unboxing + Initial Thoughts


This post will be the final ever for my Sample Bar unboxing as unfortunately the company is closing down! Big sad faces around here as I really enjoyed getting this little Glam Pack each month and discovering a load of new products. Compared to last months jam packed December box, the January is feeling a little light, but still has the 5 products and 4 of which are full sized - pretty impressive!

[Apologies for the late upload also, I got delayed with getting up my December Glam Pack review, so just disregard the fact that it is almost February.]







PRODUCT 001. MOR Little Luxuries Collection - Belladonna Hand Cream [RRP $14.99 - $19.99 (5g-60g]
MOR is a brand I hear of a lot and the packaging is always adorable but I have never tried any offerings from them. This hand cream is full sized but in a nice compact tube, great for having beside the bed and I am looking forward to using it.


PRODUCT 002. Calvin Klein Down Town Eau de Parfum [RRP $100 (50ml)]
I love getting these little viles as it is a great way to try a perfume for a few days to see if you really like it. Calvin Klein perfumes are ones I have never really given a second thought so I am interested to see how this one goes.


PRODUCT 003. Dr. Wendy's 100% Botanical Cleanser [Fullsize RRP $29.95 (50ml)]
Last month I received the Dr. Wendy's Toner which I liked in some regards, but didn't like in others - a bit so-so for me. This is a full sized version of their 100% plant based natural cleansers aimed at oily and blemish skin. The ingredients are all grown in NZ and the skincare items are all produced in NZ also.


PRODUCT 004. Argania Hair Oil [RRP $5.99 - $34.99 (5ml - 100ml)]
This may look like a sample size but you can actually buy this cute little 5ml bottle for $5.99. My experiences with argan oil is that you only need a tiny amount to really do the job, so this should last a wee while and makes a great travel bottle. It is a fortifying treatment for deep hydration and shine and you can use it on wet or dry hair. I tend to use it on wet hair after I have got out of the shower. Hopefully this will fair as well as my 100% Moroccan argan oil I use currently, as this is slightly different and contains many other ingredients.


PRODUCT 005. Carmex Lip Balm [RRP from $4.99]
I've dabbled in a bit of Carmex in the past but found that I was using it to much and it seemed to actually dry my lips out so I learnt my lesson there. I'm not sure how a moisturising lip balm can do that but it did so we shall see how this one fairs.

And that is about it for the 5 products I received in my January Glam Pack. I am now considering giving Goodie Box a go, but if you know of any other subscription services in NZ, let me know - I don't want to miss out on my sample fix each month!
back to top