BOURJOIS | Bronzing Primer Review + Swatches


So you may read this and think - a bronzing primer, really, is that necessary? At first I wasn't quite sure about it myself and it took me a few tries to make it work but the Bourjois Paris Bronzing Primer is a seriously good product and I shall tell you why...




It looks a bit scary in the pottle, with it being quite a dark brown colour, but it is a universal shade, so it should work for many skin tones. It has a thick, mousse like texture and smells delicious like chocolate, very similar to Bourjois's infamous chocolate bronzer, Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder.


The scary thing for me was the initial question - how do I use this?! As a bronzing 'primer' it is aimed to be used under foundation or even by itself, but it can also be used a cream contour product in place of a normal bronzer. I tend to use it underneath my foundation and place it on my temples, upper forehead and in a line under my cheek bones and then blend it all out. It instantly gives a natural looking bronzed complexion, without being orange or fake looking. I then do my normal routine and normally use a bronzer over top to just help emphasis it a bit more. You can also go back in with the bronzing primer over your foundation, which also works well as the product blends out seamlessly, so you are not left with any harsh, obvious bronzed parts.

It is the perfect product for the Spring/Summer months to enhance your tan, especially if your body tends to tan more then your face. It may look like a frightening product, but it is well worth a try and is super easy to use.

You can buy it off ASOS here, it is unfortunately sold out at the moment, but they always come back into stock. It is around NZD $19, but when I brought it, it was during a sale (which is pretty often for ASOS!) for around $13/$14.

Thoughts on this Bronzing Primer, have you tried it and do you like it?

Comments

back to top