SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | November End of Month Review


I honestly can't believe how fast the month of November went and now it's only a week til Christmas - where does the time go!? Anywho enough of the cliches and onto my thoughts about the November Sample Bar Glam Pack! You can find my unboxing and initial thoughts here, overall I really enjoyed this month and was happy to have a nice mix of hair, makeup and skincare items to try.

001. Rosehip by Essano Certified Organic Rosehip Oil [RRP $22.99 (20ml)]
Rosehip Oil is nothing new to me and I have been using the Trilogy Rosehip oil off and on for the past 4-5 months and really enjoying it. Rosehip by Essano is only about $1 cheaper for the same size as the Trilogy and they basically feel and act the same, the difference being that this one has added acai berry antioxidant oil, which gives off a slightly different scent.

Rosehip oil is great for scars, stretch marks, fine lines and nourishing the skin. I use the oil at night and slather it on my face and in the morning I really notice a difference in the overall appearance of my skin and it feels so soft! I would say that any brand of rosehip oil will give the same results and should be apart of every woman (and man's!) skincare routine.


002. Model Co. Cheek and Lip Tint in Rosy Red [$24.00 (10ml)]
This was a very generous sample size bring half that of the full sized and I can see this lasting me quite a while as you only need the tiniest amount. Model Co is a great brand (I love their fibre mascara) so I was looking forward to this product and it did not disappoint! First off the packaging is stand out - bright pink and silver, I am sold! The actual tint is a scary dark raspberry colour but when blended it turns into a nice soft pink. It
also smells nice, like a vanilla/berry scent. It works best by just dabbing it along the cheeks and then blending out with fingers and it is super long lasting - the whole day in fact!

The only thing is, not only does it stain/tint your cheeks and lips, it also left my hands looking like I had just dipped them in food colouring and it took a lot of get it off (a good thing for long lasting flushed cheeks, but a real pain on the fingers!) That aside, the tint is amazing and I was surprised at how long it lasted and the colour was pretty natural on the lips and cheeks.

003. Youngblood Coral Kiss Lip Gloss [RRP $49.90 (4.5g)]
I have said it many times, lip glosses are not my thing but this time around I sucked it up and gave this one a go. Initially I liked the coral colour but I just couldn't get past the obvious shimmer/glitter particles in it, which looked unnatural and just felt gritty on the lips. Not something I will be reaching for again unfortunately, sorry Youngblood.

004. Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser [RRP $40.70 (200ml)]
Out of all the product this month, I have used this every single night since I received the box and absolutely love it. The 25ml sample has lasted me, with still a quarter to go! It smells quite soap-like even though it states it is a soapless cleanser which I found a little odd, but apart from that the actual product worked great.

You only need a small amount and the gel lathers up with a little bit of water and helps to lift off any left over makeup after using a face wipe and really feels like it is cleaning the skin. This is for oily/blemish prone skin, which is perfect for me and have noticed a bit of difference in my acne but not sure if it can be attributed to this cleanser or to something else - nether-the-less, it does the job wonderfully and I am seriously looking at purchasing the full size as I can see it lasting me a long time.

005. Holistic Hair Sea Spray [RRP $22.45 (250ml)]
I was really looking forward to trying this product, I love that it is made in NZ and being a sea salt spray is perfect for the warmer months. I don't have curly hair, at most it is slightly wavy but I love to curl it, so when I did I would spritz this through to enhance them a bit and give some texture. It smells very fresh of lavender and lime, which is a winning combo in my books. It doesn't weigh my hair down, nor does it leave it feeling all crunchy and full of product. I am a big fan of this sea spray indeed!

006. Daylong Sunscreen [RRP $34.99 (150ml)]
The last sample was 3 sachets of 10g Daylong sunscreen. I would be lying if I said I was excited about this, but we all need sun protection (SPF 30+ at that!) so it was a good idea to give these samples. I was surprised to find that it didn't have that awful sunscreen smell, nor did it leave any sticky residue on my body. It sunk in quickly and was easy to spread unlike some sunscreens which are thick and gluggy - not pleasent at all! It is a good sunscreen, but I think it is slightly overpriced at $34.99 for the full sized bottle, so I am not sure I will be running out to buy it.

So to wrap it all up, overall I really like the November Glam Pack, the Avene Cleanance Gel, Model Co. Cheek + Lip Tint and the Holistic Hair Sea Spray were the top products for me. I am so excited for December's as it will be the Christmas edition, here's hoping it's a good one... Stay tuned for the unboxing + initial thoughts in a couple of days.
back to top