AUSTRALIS | Velourlips Matte Lip Creams - My Collection + Swatches

AUSTRALIS | Velourlips Matte Lip Creams - My Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

My very first venture into matte liquid lips were these ones from Australis. These were almost ahead of the trend, which has subsequently blown up and now I own so many liquid lipsticks! Australis initially bought out a very small shade selection of their Velourlips Matte Lip Creams, but keep expanding the range with more and more shades, so I thought I should bring mine all together and do a swatch post. I only have 14 of the 24 permanent available shades and haven't managed to get my hands on some of the newer shades yet.

AUSTRALIS | Velourlips Liquid Lipsticks - My Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Last year over the Christmas period they bought out these Take Me Travelling! mini sets containing 5 shades in each. In my opinion, these are totally the way to buy them as you are very unlikely to use up an entire full sized tube and it also means you can try many different shades. These are now available again and come in three colourways, Nudes + Pinks, Brights, and Dark + Reds. The sets are around NZD $16 each and great value for money.

AUSTRALIS | Velourlips Liquid Lipsticks - My Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

As far as liquid lipsticks go these ones are extremely matte. If you have dry lips I would probably stare clear of these as they can exaggerate dry patches and fine lines. I always find a good coat of lip balm underneath about 10 mins before you apply helps them from looking to try and makes them wear more comfortably. I find I can get at least 4 hours wear from them.

AUSTRALIS | Velourlips Liquid Lipsticks - My Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

AUSTRALIS | Velourlips Liquid Lipsticks - My Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Now on to the good stuff - the swatches! As you can see the pinks and reds definitely dominant in my collection, but I know that now they have a lot more neutral browns and rosy pinks in the range which are very on trend. They are all wearable, I mean there is the black shade Mel-Burn but I definitely know that people can pull this off! Included in my collection is the shade Grandmaster Pash which was one of their limited edition metallic shades that were brought out a year or so ago. My favourite shades are Doo-Bai, Lun-Dun and Pa-ree (I get the most wear from this one). They all tend to have consistent pigmentation, some of the more pastel shades need another coat to get them opaque but the others are good after one coat.

The Australis Velourlips are AUD $10.50, or NZD $17.50 (from Farmers). You can also shop online now via. the Australis website here.

Do you own any Velourlips? What would be your shade of choice?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top