MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

I am a complete sucker for any new makeup line that comes to NZ and I will do my best to give it a try. Power house brand, Mecca Maxima (in Australia and New Zealand, basically our equivalent of Sephora) has just brought out an incredible new product range exclusive to them called MECCA MAX. I could not resist this one at all; it was hyped and marketed so well and as soon as it launched online I hopped on and ordered a few things to try out.

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

Firstly we have gotta talk about this beautiful packaging - it's one thing to bring out a range of products but to nail it with the packaging just makes it even better! The products don't have fancy boxes, which I assume helps to keep the costs down, instead, they were sealed with plastic for hygiene reasons of course.

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

So what did I end up purchasing? The powders were definitely number one on my hit list, and of course, I had to try a lipstick. But to be honest I could have happily added the whole range to my cart - they have some amazing looking products.

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

I love a good highlighter, so I went for the Skin Halo Diamond Dust in White Gold (NZD $24). This is available in two other shades, Solid Gold and Rose Gold. The highlight is for those who prefer a more subtle finish on the skin, it's not overly glittery, but it still adds a beautiful sheen. 

The Sunlit Skin Bronzing Powder in Bronzing Light (NZD $24) was a no brainer for me as I love bronzers and those who had an early preview of the range were saying just how good this one was. It doesn't disappoint and the lightest shade (which I have) would work well on paler skin tones. There are two other darker shades than this available too.

A lipstick was a must try, and when I saw the packaging I was totally on board. You push the button at the end and the lipstick pops out from there - such cool packaging! The Pout Pop Lipsticks (NZD $22) come in 29 shades in various finishes. I went for Party Police in the Hi-Def finish, so it's highly rich in pigment but with a slight sheen, think the MAC Amplified Lipstick finish. It is just stunning and a really lovely shade. I am eyeing up a few other shades already...

When I ordered they were also doing a deal if you spent over $50 in the MECCA MAX range you would get a freebie and I received the Face Off Makeup Removing Wipes 10 Pack (NZD $6). It's a very handy travel pack of wipes and they work really well to remove makeup without drying out and irritating the skin.

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

MECCA MAX | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - CassandraMyee

The thing I love about ordering online via. Mecca Maxima is the samples you get and this time around I got samples from Hourglass, Korres and NARS. Also, does anyone else get the free 'gift wrap' option?! I always like writing myself little notes so when I open it, it feels like a little gift to myself!

The MECCA MAX range is really spot on - the prices are so affordable which surprised me - I think the most expensive item is an eyeshadow palette for NZD $50. I am really looking forward to trying a lot more from this range and now that they've opened a store on Queen St in central Auckland - I am just about there every day on my lunch break. Dangerous! Unfortunately for my international readers, this is only available in Australia and New Zealand.

Have you tried the MECCA MAX range?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top