JEFFREE STAR | Limited Edition Chrome Collection

JEFFREE STAR | Limited Edition Chrome Collection - CassandraMyee

I am sure if you are in the beauty loving world, you would have heard of Jeffree Star. Built from MySpace fame, he is controversial, outrageous, and love stirring the pot. While I really don't agree with some of the shady things he has done, I can't deny that his brand he developed (obviously with a big team) Jeffree Star Cosmetics, has brought out some pretty damn good makeup. 

JEFFREE STAR | Limited Edition Chrome Collection - CassandraMyee


The Summer Chrome Collection included 8 brand new Velour Liquid Lipsticks shades (all limited edition) as well as 5 shades of his Lip Ammo Lipsticks, 2 Skin Frost's (neither of which I have used before, but really keen to try out), plus 3 flavours of his Velour Lip Scrubs all in limited edition Chrome packaging. 

JEFFREE STAR | Limited Edition Chrome Collection - CassandraMyee

I have been a big lover of the Velour Liquid Lipstick formula for a wee while now. You can see my smallish collection of shades I have here. They are all on the 'safer' side, as I opted for neutrals and nudes over some of the more crazy shades. As I love the formula, and I am a sucker for limited edition collections I knew I had to get one from the newly launched Chrome Collection. There were some amazing shades launched in that drop (that lime green though - amazing, but I could never pull it off). I went for the shade Calabasas as it is right up my alley; a darker rosy pink. These sort of tones suit my skin tone well but it is slightly different to other liquid lipsticks I have (i.e. it's completely justified that I bought it).

The formula on these I really enjoy as they go on easily, they aren't patchy and the doe-foot application hugs to the shape of your lip pretty perfectly. The formula is very lightweight too, so it doesn't start to ball up and flake and wears well for hours. They don't transfer and dry down totally matte. 

You can still get the Chrome Collection in NZ via. Beauty Bliss or Makeup.co.nz for NZD $34.00 each, or buy from the Jeffree Star website (USD $18) or BeautyLish.

What do you think of the Chrome Collection?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top