ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR 2016 | Was It Worth It?

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee


For the next three days (yep, three days in a row) I am going to be chatting Advent Calendars, and not just your average chocolate ones, the beauty kind! I realise that it is now January and Christmas is now sadly another 12 months away, but I was lucky enough to have three different beauty advent calendars from ASOS, The Body Shop and Tanya Burr Cosmetics, so I thought why not share the contents and if it was worth the price tag. I am hoping it might be helpful for when Christmas time rolls around again and they offer similar ones (The Body Shop always brings one out!) So up first is the ASOS Beauty Calendar with a whole variety of different brands inside.

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

It was only by chance that I came across this from someone's tweets (sorry I can't remember exactly who it was), but I went straight on to the site and ordered it then and there. ASOS has always been a great place to buy beauty from with a lot of brands and products that we can't get easily in NZ, but there are of course restrictions on shipping on some of them. 

The Calendar was NZD $105, at the end, I will get into more detail about whether or not I think it was worth it, but there is our starting point. I was so surprised when it arrived at how large and heavy it felt! It also had a very on trend marble like finish on the outside and a black marble on the inside. On the back were details of what was included but I didn't peek at all as I wanted it to be a surprise for each day. There were also details on ASOS which had all the products listed so you knew what you were getting into.

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

HAIRCARE

There were three haircare products inside; the Toni&Guy Hair Texturising Spray (sample, 75ml), Batiste XXXL Plumping Powder 5g (full size), and the Philip Kingsley Conditioning Treatment (sample, 40ml). I have used Batiste plenty of times before but never used the others and I am especially excited for the Toni&Guy Spray.

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

SKINCARE

The advent calendar was predominately skincare which I don't have any issues with at all because some of these brands are quite expensive or simply aren't available in NZ. I always like sample sizes too, they are so handy for travelling but also allow you to try something out before committing to the full size. Inside were; Amie Exfoliating Polish (25ml), Dermalogica Clear Start Foaming Wash (30ml), Elemis Skin Radiance Flash Balm (15ml), GlamCandy Moisturiser (15ml), MONU Skin Firming Facial Oil (30ml), Nip+Fab Exfoliating Facial Pads (20g/10 pads), Nuxe Multi-Usage Dry Oil (10ml), Balance Me Eye Cream (7ml), and Philosophy 3-in-1 Face And Eyes Cleanser (30ml).

Having the Elemis, Nip+Fab and Philosophy products included was really exciting to see as they are all brands I have been wanting to try for a while as many people rave about their products.

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

SKINCARE + MISC

Also included were the Yes To Facial Wipes (63g/10 Wipes), and a Lottie London Compact Mirror.

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

NAILS + BODY

As you can see there was a great variety of products, the 5 above being a prime example. Included was the Nail & Face Water Activated Nail Transfers (4g), Cowshed Hand Cream (50ml), Murine Bright & Moist Eyedrops (15ml), Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream (7.5ml), and the MOA Multi-Purpose Calming and Cleansing Balm (15ml).

ASOS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | Was It Worth It? - CassandraMyee

MAKEUP

Alongside the skincare products, makeup items were aplenty and from some very recognisable brands that I have used before such as; Jane Iredale Facial Primer 7ml, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus (full size, 4.25g), Model Co. Lip Enhancer Lip Liner (0.7g), Sleek Matte Lip Cream in Birthday Suit (full size, 6ml), and Nude By Nature Transparent Loose Finishing Powder (1.5g).

I was SO excited when I opened the door that revealed the Sleek Matte Me as it is a shade I have been wanting for ages and is a dupe for Kylie's Candy K Lip Kit - it's a beautiful shade.

So was it all worth the NZD $105, in my eyes totally! It was such a treat each morning to open a door and reveal a new beauty product to try. For a junkie like me, this calendar is right up my alley with really high quality and recognisable brands inside and good sample sizes too, not just foil packets with one use inside. ASOS says that the overall value of the contents is £175, which is about NZD $306.00! Plus ASOS have free shipping, so that is a huge value for money. This is actually still available on ASOS here, so you could buy it now and keep it til next year or have fun opening all the doors at once - it says low stock, so I'd hurry if I were you! 

Did you have any beauty advent calendars?

Comments

back to top